7.1 Earthquake 39 miles off Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

All Earthquake threads merged into this one....

There was a Sticky post on this before any of these others, why the need to start a new topic on the same subject?
Can some Scuba Forum Guru merge these so as not to have a bunch of topics on the same thing.

There was another similar comment on another thread that there was a sticky post before this thread was created.

Why can't we have multiple threads? Seemed to work fine when the discussion was DEET and the RMP :eyebrow:

Reports from Coconut Tree staff are that things are relatively normal. No injuries reported, and it sounds like damage in West End is minimal if any.

News You Can Use....

Dateline: CoCoView 28 May 2009, 10:42 AM

All dogs, birds, bats, lizards and human ok...bit freaked out...all is ok.

Minor damage...pesky stuff...funky door frames and minor plumbing issues...funky floors...minor and in fact adds a bit of charrm!

No morning boat dives...afternoon boat dives are a go...

We have not heard of any injuries other than shattered nerves...

Lost a few bottles of booze at the bar.

Dateline CoCoView: Today at 11:04 AM

Report of underwater damage...

Prince Albert has a big buckle and crack in one area...and in another area a wide crack bout 5 inches wide... running from top to the sand rust is still billowing out into the water...from the damage

The CCV wall over by the big sand shoot....where one of the orange ball corall morps live...huge piece fell down covering the entrnce...lots of other huge pieces of coral are down...and upside down...so thatthe lush growth is in the sand and the white side is up...

Lots os smaller coral heads tumbled and are on their sides or upside down

This after noon we will all get to see something different from the different boats and will report.

The evolution of the Earth apparently grinds on, notwithstanding Paris Hilton or Henney Penny.

Why can't we have multiple threads? Seemed to work fine when the discussion was DEET and the RMP :eyebrow:
Problem with the merged DEET thread was they took it away from the Bay islands Forum and that is where it should have been and not been moved to another area altogether.
It is the Roatan Marine Park that has suggested for years that DEET hurts the reef so it seems the thread should be in the Bay Islands Forum, As far as this new earthquake thing, come on, we all can google so so many posts of links to news stories are pretty silly anyways. Almost everything that has been posted here would easilly be found if someone simply typed "7.1 earthquake honduras" into a google search. Unlike the DEET issue where there is no information on any internet search about deet hurting the reef except for what is written on internet forums by people given unsubstatiated information

:rofl3:

You Kinda agree but if you think about it you may really agree. Honduras is third world and has minimal phone lines and bandwidth. There are many people trying to get in touch with friends and family to see if they are OK and many cannot get through. I have been trying for hours to contcat a dear friend who is in her mid 80's and keep getting the "ALL LINES ARE BUSY" recording. Is a vacation a few weeks off really that important? Just wait a couple of days

The number I called was the 1-800 number for Bahia Tours based out of Florida which handles AKR's booking. I don't believe my call affected Roatan's phone lines.

Last edited:
Per RTBmeDiver: Continental Airlines flight is due in 7 minutes ahead of schedule. The runway must be okay.

The number I called was the 1-800 number for Bahia Tours based out of Florida which handles AKR's booking. I don't believe my call affected Roatan's phone lines.

Your right, your call probably did not tie up international lines but still took up time from the resort workers. Don't you really think even those answering those phones are very busy with immediate issues and bookings without having to deal with those comming in a few weeks? If you really feel that calling now to get a status update on something like this when your trip is weeks out is important then there is no need for me to bother replying again. I just cannot imagine what you may have found out by calling today in the heat of the moment that would not have been able to be put off for a couple of days when your trip is weeks away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom