7.1 Earthquake 39 miles off Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your right, your call probably did not tie up international lines but still took up time from the resort workers. Don't you really think even those answering those phones are very busy with immediate issues and bookings without having to deal with those comming in a few weeks? If you really feel that calling now to get a status update on something like this when your trip is weeks out is important then there is no need for me to bother replying again. I just cannot imagine what you may have found out by calling today in the heat of the moment that would not have been able to be put off for a couple of days when your trip is weeks away.

My call didn't tie up resort workers. I guess I don't understand what damage you think was done by contacting a travel agent in Florida. I got the information I wanted and passed it along with no effect on the island or the resort.

I'm not on the island right now,

Can anyone tell me if the Josie J slipped off the wall?

Don't know that but i heard the cross in front of ILR is now @ 265' rather 165'....

Your right, your call probably did not tie up international lines but still took up time from the resort workers. Don't you really think even those answering those phones are very busy with immediate issues and bookings without having to deal with those comming in a few weeks? If you really feel that calling now to get a status update on something like this when your trip is weeks out is important then there is no need for me to bother replying again. I just cannot imagine what you may have found out by calling today in the heat of the moment that would not have been able to be put off for a couple of days when your trip is weeks away.
if their trip was a few months out, I might agree. A trip that's within a few weeks, I'd say that's exactly the people who would reasonably be checking with the agent now. I too don't see how calling the booking agent in Florida tied up phone lines you so obviously needed to call your friend.

Please keep the reports from the Bay Islands coming in. We are all concerned about the people, property and habitat of these wonderful islands. Thanks to all those who have managed to get reports out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danish online paper reports that officiel sources in Honduras have found 6 dead so far

EDIT: NB. This is 6 dead in Honduras mainland

TV 2 Nyhederne - Honduras: Seks dræbt i jordskælv Source is in Danish .. =/

Jordskælvet ødelagde to broer, 50 hjem, ti skoler, to hoteller, en fabrik og en kirke, oplyser redningstjenesterne. <-> The quake destroyed 2 bridges, 50 homes, two hotels, a factory and a church says emergency personel.

My thoughts go to all in Honduras =/

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom