7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll are great! I've got a super busy week this week. I'm exhausted... still from the horrid weekend at work, and just soooo tired! I just got home (only worked 4 hours today cause i had a dentist appt.), and I think I'm gonna take a nap. I did do ALOT of work in my first couple hours this morning... I was sweating pretty good. Anyway... I'll take it easy today, and I'll do some sort of workout tomorrow.

Yesterday- no "real" workout, but I did go to the shooting range again, and by the time I was done... I could "feel it" in my shoulders and arms.... but I practiced a couple different ways of firing and used 4 different guns... 3 different calibers. Now I know why people shoot for sport! It really is FUN! (Ok... but one tiny little part was not my fave... when the cartridge doesn't fly out right and goes down the shirt and into the br@ and burns the "ah-hem". Yeah... it's funny... now! LOL)

trucker girl:
Thanks coach! :heart

The shins weren't really having those shin splint thingys I remember from gym class, but I could feel them. And my left knee doesn't actually have pain- I can just feel top to bottom pressure if that makes sense. The side cramp- now, that was real. And the shoulder cramps were just starting.

Yes, yes, conditioning. That's a cuss word in my vocabulary. I think I'll just stick with walking from here on out!

What you experience in your shin is actually known as anterior compartment syndrome. Nothing to worry about other than the stiffness and discomfort that come along. The muscles in front of your shin swell as the result of the activity. If it is an activity for which you have trained, then your circulation has adapted and you will not feel anything. However, if it is something new, those muscles will get overwhelmed. The extra blood brought in to sustain the demands of the exercise will make those muscles swell more than they are used to. Since those muscles are covered by hard fascia in the front, and bone in the back, they do not have room to expand, creating that feeling that you describe.

Now, if the pain is persistent, and wakes you up at night, then there is a good chance is shin splints and you should seek treatment.

Jenny is right, you should stick to activities that you enjoy. Just because somebody swears on the effectiveness of running, or biking, or swimming, or the elliptical, or yes, even the russian kettlebells :wink: does not mean that you are ready for them, or will even enjoy them, thus you will get none of the benefits. There are millions of ways in which the body can move productively (including Richard Simmons Jenny :D So what turned you off, was it the shorts?)

Again, pick an activity that you enjoy and stick to it. Take small steps. As your body adapts, you will feel the need for challenge and variety. Smalll steps add up to a lot in the long term.

Have fun and good luck!

Ha ha! Sweatin' to the Oldies! My mom bought that tape (yes, video tape) to work out to and used it once- that guy is gooney. We were Gilad Janklowicz fans early on- Bodies in Motion baby!

I just had some slight pain in my shins when I was attempting to jog. So I quit. I done good!

If I could afford an eleptical machine or a tread mill I'd be in 7th heaven! I LOVE those things. Whenever we get a hotel I use the tread mill. I love them! Alas, poor me, the exercise devices are on the back burner since you can't really lug one around in the truck!

Plus, I've got my heart set on a dry suit now.

10%
2.25 miles
43:45 minutes

I got my e machine (ellipitical trainer) from freesource. If you haven't heard of it, PM me.. or craigslist...

Yeah, Coach it was the shorts, and that dippy skinny girl that didn't lose any weight to be in the video in the front row... and the hokey music, and the impossible moves. There were times I would get so frustrated tripping over myself trying to keep up, leave, go running and get back in time to catch the cool down on the video. I hear songs on the radio and see RS dancing away.. AARRRGGGHHH!!!! And that was over 10 years ago!

erparamedic:
Izzy... it's great to see you here! Such awesome insight! Are you here to stay? :wink:

It ain't MOF/NMOF but I'll give it a shot :D This is a VERY motivated group, and capable of achieving great things. I like the energy here. Hopefully I'll be around more often. I've been doing quite well with my schedule lately. There will be times in which I'll be absent for a few days, but hey diving season is here now. I need my dose of cyberdiving as well y'know? :wink:

Ahhhh, the little-known sport of cyber-diving. Related closeley to it's cousin, cyber-exercies. Slowly those cyber-muscles begin to flex and then realise that they don't really need to move- they can just think about moving, and all is well. Go ahead, sit on your butt and type about exercise. No one but you will know that you really didn't take that 13 mile jog today, and in the cyber-world, that's okay.

Seriously- that was my mind thismorning. This thread really does work- I really did feel guilty and had to go walk. But, more than guilty, I felt motivated. Thanks guys! sniff sniff.

walked the mighty mutt all around tonight till the skeeters came out! he had a blast ofcourse! about to do 50 sit ups and crunches and throw in a few leg lifts before i call it a night....i was almost going to blow exercise off tonight....you'all made me feel guilty! way to go! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom