9 hole Golf Course at Old Marineland Notice of Public Hearing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's in July & I'm in that one with a dive buddy. I hope alot of SBer's attend that meeting. I was looking at the plans for Terrena & it doesn't look like there's going to be any parking by the access point.

Happy Diving
John

Due to the more gentle slope to the road down, the parking will be furhter back than it is now, or in short a longer walk. There are suppose to be a minimum of 65 spaces for the public. Mr. Lowe has stated they will provide more than that. Hopefully we will wind up with a good relationship on the order of the Montage in laguna Beach or better.

Hope to see you all at the meeting tonight.

The meeting was attended by Claudett (HBDiveGirl) and Don Robarge as well as myself. While I am not opposed to the golf course, I am concerned about the trippling of the holes and the corresponding increase in runnoff, polution, pesticides, and fertilizers. Lowes assures us their containment system, which will also treat 90% if I remember right of the rain runnoff will handle the situation. Then there is the issue of the increased usage of the golf course and the additional cars in the parking lot we will be using. But anyway, we got a chance to be heard.

Next up, Lowes will present to the California Coastal Commision in May. That will be the last chance for the public to have an input into this process. I hope someone from the local dive community will attend.

Hi Melvin,
Sandeaters link to the artist sketch is no longer there.

Happy Diving
John

Back
Top Bottom