A few pix from last weeks dives in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel like throwing mine away now. lol

RIDICULOUS!!!! You don't need an expensive camera and housing to take great pictures underwater. You need TWO :D. This way you get to upgrade while keeping your old camera. This is what I tried to slide past.....didn't happen. I had to sell one to buy one.

Attachments

• feb 25 09 house 008.jpg
    feb 25 09 house 008.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 35
Look at all of that snow. Brrrrr.... But your furry friend there looks happy. Perhaps if you melt all of that snow, put it in a BIG pool, warm it up, add blue color, hang a sign out that says "Cozumel"...you may be able to convince yourself that you are there......Oh, make it easy, just buy a ticket and go !!! We don't have snow here in Austin, but, these pictures do make:me restless... :bounce4

Mark - I think you're getting the hang of it! Great photos! Couple of questions from someone who's just starting out....Any filters used? Post processing with....? Well done, man.

No filters. I think all the UW pix were taken with strobes and WB set to flash. As far as post-processing, usually nothing more than cropping and a bit of gamma. Most were just cropped. I had to simple WB correct a couple (I hate green sand). One or two needed sharpening. The barracuda and sand dollar are grayscaled. The photo of the nurse shark swimming away was the only one that needed PhotoShop, as it was pretty well underexposed. All the others were run thru IrfanView - a freeware viewer with basic correction features. The D300 saves images in NEF (RAW) and JPG at the same time. These all came from the basic JPG files. I wonder if it's time to leave RAW behind? The D300 produces some pretty dramatic colors. It has a vivid mode, but I leave it off; and still I have to reduce saturation occasionally to get a more believable result. I love this camera - a BIG improvement over the D70!

Mark

No filters. I think all the UW pix were taken with strobes and WB set to flash. As far as post-processing, usually nothing more than cropping and a bit of gamma. Most were just cropped. I had to simple WB correct a couple (I hate green sand). One or two needed sharpening. The barracuda and sand dollar are grayscaled. The photo of the nurse shark swimming away was the only one that needed PhotoShop, as it was pretty well underexposed. All the others were run thru IrfanView - a freeware viewer with basic correction features. The D300 saves images in NEF (RAW) and JPG at the same time. These all came from the basic JPG files. I wonder if it's time to leave RAW behind? The D300 produces some pretty dramatic colors. It has a vivid mode, but I leave it off; and still I have to reduce saturation occasionally to get a more believable result. I love this camera - a BIG improvement over the D70!

Mark

It's quite a nice camera, in fact, and something I'll consider when getting my next digital. A bit pricier than the D90 I was looking at before Christmas but I think I might find a bargain somewhere by next. I used to run most of my everyday digital stills through PS but found that Picasa does a pretty reasonable job, even does batch edits and it's free.

Wow! Double Wow! Spectacular pics -- that was like going on a mini vacation. Thank you for sharing.

i forwarded those photos to friends. got back lots of wows and thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom