A kilt...the perfect post dive accessory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GQMedic once bubbled...
But, you say skirt like it's a bad thing! Lemme guess, it's the knees, right? *smirk*

No, I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just really odd. And oddity draws attention.

clootie once bubbled...
As a Scots lass, I have to say, men in kilts, yum.

Men in kilts at a ceilidh dancing, whirling round in a Reel or Strip the Willow.... even better.... :cheer: It's not just the knees, it's the thighs

Scuse me, must go for a cold shower :cold:

Similar to the stated fact that most men really don't enjoy seeing women in skimpy clothes when they are unattractive to begin with, if the guy in question was an overweight, acne-scarred, (add to the list....) I would think that you would prefer him in something more appropriate to the Antarctic than a kilt.

:wink:

cid90 once bubbled...

This is not you great grandpa’s kilt. This is an American version made with the same material used in cargo pants/shorts.

:D

If it's not Scottish......................it's crap!

jbm

The only guys IMHO that a kilt (of the Scottish variety at least) does not suit are extremely skinny guys, particularly if they're tall and lanky.

A guy carrying a few extra pounds will actually look much better in a kilt than trousers - bear in mind these things are what caber tossers wear, and they're not known for their sylph like figures.

Tho ok the fat b@%tard character from the Austin Powers movies is an exception - he probably still looks better in a kilt than in a suit, though!

And bottom_sucker, if you mean what I think, well most ceilidhs are family affairs, so urk, no.

diverbrian once bubbled...

Similar to the stated fact that most men really don't enjoy seeing women in skimpy clothes when they are unattractive to begin with, if the guy in question was an overweight, acne-scarred, (add to the list....) I would think that you would prefer him in something more appropriate to the Antarctic than a kilt.

:wink:

As a bona-fide Scotsman, as opposed to all the Americans who just think they are because of their "roots", I can personally vouch for the pulling power of the Kilt. The only place it does not work is, unsurprisingly, in Scotland itself. Our girls are just too clever to fall for that one. Anywhere else that you give a woman the choice between a kilted Scotsman or a guy with a 7 series BMW then I'm afraid we win hands down(or should that be up) every time. The guy with the BMW only has it as an extension to a certain body part, where as, the guy with the kilt only wears it as trousers just don't have enough room in them.
And as for Sporrans. We make them from Englishmens scrotums.

Apologies for lowering the tone of the thread(if that is possible)

Peter

The only place it does not work is, unsurprisingly, in Scotland itself. Our girls are just too clever to fall for that one.

Being of prodominently Scotish background, I know that that isn't completly true. After the years of being around all that, it's no big deal. Well...on the outside it's easy to say that, on the inside :D (they don't wear underwear)

Kilts were not invented for tourist or to identify clanns. It took centuries....but sheep finally came to realize what the sound of a zipper meant!!!!

A Scotsman and an englishman found a silver lamp while diving. Back on the boat they rubbed it clean when out popped a jeannie.

"I will give you each a wish for setting me free." says the jeannie.

The englishman jumps up and says...."Me first, me first."

"what is it you want?" asks the jeannie.

" I want a wall all the way around england to keep out the rif raf." says the englishman as he eyes the scotsman.

"DONE" says the jeannie and as he does the englishman disappears.

"where did he go?" ask the Scotsman....
"Behind his wall." said the jeannie.

"Tell me about this wall around england jeannie." said the Scotsman.

"It is a grand wall. It is 5000 stones high with no way in or out." smiled the jeannie.

"You say absolutely no way in or out jeannie?" asked the scotsman.

"Aye" said the jeannie...."no way in or out. Now scotsman, what is your wish?"

"Well, you know that wall you built for the englishman? FILL IT WITH WATER." said the scotsman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom