A kilt...the perfect post dive accessory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrg once bubbled...

OMG those are expensive!

Out of my price range too!

Of course, it probably takes careful designing to get it to hang right when standing (important for fashion sense) and to hang properly when crouching (need I state the absolute necessity of this attribute? :wacko: :scared: :puke: )

I have a olive drab Utilikilt and have worn it to parties, to clubs, and even to a wedding (per the brides request).
So far not accidental flashing!:wink:

It does take a great deal of planning, math, & designing to get it lay properly. Thus the price.
*Levis Strous just got rid of 2000 worker to move production out of country. I will stick with my American made kilt and support a small business.

You know, its funny to see this on ScubaBoard since it is something that I have seen the likes of within other circles. These have been on my "to get" list for a while, it was just a matter of $ timing.

I've got a friend local who wears one and its not a bad looking peice of clothing, in fact, its kind of classy. Not as nice as my regular kilt that I wear to functions, but definitely more serviceable. I have worn mine to sooooooooo many places and have only been "ridiculed" once for it. For some reason, at Hooters it was incredibly popular with the waitresses.

BTW, guys - my wife agrees with one or two of the other ladies posts on here.. she thinks guys in kilts is incredibly sexy.

What is worn under a kilt? Only your pride. :wink:

Bad Joke Time!

A lass walks up to a scotsman one day and asks "is it true what a scotsman wears under his kilt?" to which he replies "lass, check for yourself and all your questions will be answered."

So the lass reaches up the scotsmans kilt and her eyes open wide "ooooooooo... its greeewwwwsom!" she exclaims! Then she checks again "Just to be sure.." she says..."Ooooooo.. its grew some more!" :wink:

Oh I love it when there's a rugby match or something on and the streets of Dublin just fill up with men in kilts on a Saturday night. Just great fun I love it.

is the Pelikat. looks like a sarong but not as colorful. call it the men's version.

imagine a cylinder made of light cloth, in checkered design. typically long enough to cover waist to ankle. 'tying' it requires some training since underwear optional.

maybe i'll post some pics when i have time.

typically ~ USD 5.00 including sewing.

Seee.. thats functional and comfortable. I'm not going out to a club or anything.

Togas! There's another comfortable clothing thats recieved a bad wrap... pun intended and unintended simultaniously!

cid90 once bubbled...
No more finishing a dive and having to do the “hold a towel with one hand and removing your dive shorts with the other hand” maneuver.

you do this?
lol
i never bother, just remove the shorts
hmmm maybe thats why i get odd looks :eek:ut:

lol, and someone recently said i'm "fun" to dive with lol

as for guys in skirts, i mean kilts, a buddy of mine showed up at my door in a kilt. he bought had just purchased it at an army-navy surplus store. i guess it was scottish military surplus? lol

i knew he only wore it to my house to see what i'd say, so i dared him to wear it out to dinner. we went to a local bar & grill.

yeah, he got some looks, but no one said anything bad to him. but he did have a constant stream of women coming up to him and asking him about it. i think he left with at least 10 phone numbers. lol

CBulla!!!! The old ones are always the best. Personally I think these are totally unnecessary, but really cool. I may buy my boyfriend one!

BradfordNC once bubbled...

you do this?
lol
i never bother, just remove the shorts
hmmm maybe thats why i get odd looks :eek:ut:

lol, and someone recently said i'm "fun" to dive with lol

as for guys in skirts, i mean kilts, a buddy of mine showed up at my door in a kilt. he bought had just purchased it at an army-navy surplus store. i guess it was scottish military surplus? lol

i knew he only wore it to my house to see what i'd say, so i dared him to wear it out to dinner. we went to a local bar & grill.

yeah, he got some looks, but no one said anything bad to him. but he did have a constant stream of women coming up to him and asking him about it. i think he left with at least 10 phone numbers. lol

That was the only thing with my buds and I going to Hooters for lunch.. some buds and I were working a ren-fest, all of us kilted, and decided Hooters would provide a nice break after hours. Let me tell YOU about being seated dead middle of the resturant at the high table on bar stools! We were literally the center of attention.. EVERY waitress had questions and many were standing in spots strategic to catch possible glances and find out if its true what a scotsman wears beneath his kilt :wink:

Free beer, half price wings, and the attention.. it was all worth it. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom