A kilt...the perfect post dive accessory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

to simply come out of the closet rather than do all that work making a website and a product.

You want to wear a dress move from seattle to somewhere more liberal.

I saw the utilikilts at Highland games a few weeks ago. They seem functional.

A man in a kilt is a beatiful thing. I prefer the traditional wool kilt, and of course they should dress regimental. There is no mascalinity (sp?) lost wearing one of those.

Alright, let's all sing together...

"Oh I'm a lumber jack and I'm OK..."

If the world were logical, men would wear skirts and women would wear pants.
:D

hey pipe...carry it one more step.....

mens bikes would not have that dang bar!!!

1. No. I don’t think I am Scottish because I wear a kilt. I am an American and the Utilikilt is an American garment. There are other “skirt” like garments throughout the world such as sarongs, caftans, kimono, and similar garments.

2. What worn beneath my kilt? Nothing…it all works perfectly fine. Most men do not wear anything under their Utilikilt or traditional kilt. Its part of the point of wearing the kilt….FREEDOM!

3. Nope. It is not a dress. A dress is a full body garment. You can call it a skirt if it makes you feel good but I prefer to call it a kilt. Caution: Some less understanding kilt wearers my take offense to you calling it a skirt. It can be embarrassing to have your “bell rang” buy a guy in a skirt.

4. To “Albion”…I will be a southern gentleman and keep this polite. Wearing a kilt does not make one gay or for that matter straight. See the Caution note on #3. And since you are from Singapore, let me educate you on the city of Seattle. It is one of the most hip, liberal, laid back cities in the world.

5. Yes, you can get the Utilikilt in black. This is not an advertisement. I do not work for Utilikilt; I am just a kilt wearer. Check out www.utilikilt.com .

cid90 once bubbled...
.............5. Yes, you can get the Utilikilt in black. This is not an advertisement. I do not work for Utilikilt; I am just a kilt wearer. Check out www.utilikilt.com ............

OMG those are expensive! That webpage just talked me out of it. Are they made of gold? Where can I get a $20 kilt? (in black of course -- it's for scuba)

jrg once bubbled...

OMG those are expensive! That webpage just talked me out of it. Are they made of gold? Where can I get a $20 kilt? (in black of course -- it's for scuba)

Yup. Utilikilts are expensive. They are hand made in America and will last a lifetime with proper care. A traditional wool one will run you $500 or more!

I searched the www all over for a $20.00 kilt...there is not one.

But for a cheaper yet decent made kilt check out www.sportkilt.com . They are $50 and up. I am thinking about getting one for diving because the are lighter than the Utilikilt and easier to pack. The perfect post dive / wrap around you while you change / sitting at the dive bar afterward garment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom