A kilt...the perfect post dive accessory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree though being from the US in an area not known for big Scottish Games trying to justify the expense though I am trying hard.

Clan Rose here up by Inverness though born and raised in US.

I had was at a black tie dinner, this guy at our table turned up in full dress kilt (whatever) when it was time to sit down he wanders over to his chair picks up the knapkin and lays it out on the chair, then sits down as he does so he flicks out his kilt at the back so hes not sitting on it. I wont go into his description of the use of the knapkin, just refer to comments above re what is worn under kilt to get the idea.

Wouldn't go over here in Texas. Makes horseback riding too problematic!

I always find that the best way to change into or out of my suit is just to do it in my car. Just don't announce it and no one notices you.

No Kilt for me.

jrg once bubbled...

OMG those are expensive! That webpage just talked me out of it. Are they made of gold? Where can I get a $20 kilt? (in black of course -- it's for scuba)

What I have been using is a standard beach towel with velcro strips attached, wrap around, secure velcro, pull off trunks, pull on trowsers and take off towel.

Other than changing into clothes after diving, I would not wear this in public!!!

Just find a black beach towel, or some dye.

While expensive for the material used you should try the real thing they can get really expensive. Try $400+ USD's:wacko:

scottish2 once bubbled...
you should try the real thing

The Utilikilt is a real kilt. It is just made with modern American fabrics instead of wool. This is so you can wash it like jeans and not worry about getting it too dirty.

Originally I was going to purchase a traditional Scottish kilt but you are correct.....EXPENSIVE! I would worry about it getting messed up on a boat trip, changing in a parking lot, etc....

Also with the Utilikilt you don't have to wear the sporan, hose, flashes etc to make it look good.

You could probably also make one yourself fairly easily.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom