A little computer help greatly appreciated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not rely heavily on computers but several years ago got a Aeris Atomos 2 on clearance and have come to like it despite it's ugly green buttons. The display is clear and bright, audible and visual alarms, large display and easily visible bars and a back light. But, they quit making it. I have since acquired two more Aeris computers, a Aeris XR1 and XR1 NX. These do not have the backlight, have a smaller display but otherwise work excellent, easy to use and are priced often well below 200 dollars.

I also prefer the more liberal Pelagic DSAT algorithm. You do not have to dive a computer to it's maximum allowance. In any case I prefer a liberal program. I still run my tables and plan my dives but the computers do make things easy. I am not "riding the computer" yet though, at least not without applying some common sense to it all.

I will never go to air integrated, I like my B&G spg thank you and I still carry a mechanical depth gauge and watch (like I said, I still run tables). Wrist mount is the way to go for the computer, I wear mine up on my forearm, watch on wrist. I have a compass module on the computer.

N

Back
Top Bottom