a question for the masses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch, ID...

Question: Do concrete blocks come in different weights? LOL

:p

Eureka!

The ankle weights worked well. Once we changed her center of gravity she was able to fin pivot all night. The additional weights didn’t cause any cramping, as Tavi alerted us to the possibility and, cautious of the fact, we finned slowly around the pool. She’s a lot more confident now and I think mrs. aquaviper will do well in the open water check out this weekend.

Yes, she may be out of position, she may have to learn how to use her muscles differently for control, but for now we will address her immediate needs. I think that the instructors are right that she will eventually wean herself off of the weights. As long as she is more confident with the weight I think she will be more relaxed and lower the stress level and be able to concentrate on what she is doing.

I had a problem with the hover, however. When hovering I would slowly twist and roll over onto my back. I was able to hover in this position, but I don’t think it looks the same way as the instructor demonstrated (my feeble attempt at humor). I think that this was due to the fact that I was wearing a different bc than in the last few weeks. Taking what we have learned so far in this thread, (using the same bc) I’m going to move 2 of the 3 weights on my belt around to my front. This should bring the c-g forward.

Thank you, everyone, for the help!

I can’t wait until the weekend. Man, I’m diggin’ this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom