A question for you dry divers!

Why do you dive dry?

• I dive in water that's too cold to dive wet

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • sick of freezing in between dives this time of year

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWGratefulDiver once bubbled...

I like a drysuit because when I'm done diving I just take it off and go home. Some of our dive sites don't have anything remotely resembling a place to change (they're just public access trails down to the beach thru a neighborhood). Ever try changing out of a wetsuit in your car? It's a pain ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Or, you could just have worn a swim suit under the wetsuit and saved the $2k...heh

Actually, I picked up my brand new TLS350 and took it for a spin in the pool...I've never yet dived dry, but am looking forward to it...

Once upon a time long long ago being an idiot I found myself at 20 feet with a computer saying that the dive I had just done to 150 feet was going to cost me 20 minutes to get out of the water. I had managed to compress most of the warmth out of my wetsuit and was freezing. Once I cleared my 20 ft stop my computer rewarded me with more time at 10 feet. Running low on air and now shaking constantly (oh hypothermia is sooo good for decompression) I said F the computer, F the deco, F this cold water and F me for getting me here in the first place and got out (hypothermia severely impairs judgment).

I proceed directly to my friendly LDS and ordered my CF200 (which I still dive today/did dive today). Solving the cold issue was quite simple, add $ until the chill goes away. Learning not to dive like and idiot is an ongoing process…

Not sure where that falls on the poll.

Dave

BTW good question!

Back
Top Bottom