A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Doug,
I did not know that the OCi had the same system as the F11 for freediving, that makes a huge difference in deciding which computer to go with. I would love to go with the A300CS and if you think "you" might have an update in the firmware, I may want to wait until then to decide. Damn this will be a tough decision!

Must say if I hadn't just bought a Petrel I'd seriously consider buying one of these. I'm rec only. It's small and pretty. Any pics/info on using bungee?

Regarding gas switching/transmitters: up to 4 mixes may be pre-programmed and require manual switching underwater. I am not a multiple cylinder guy - but find this feature beneficial for the amount of Nitrox diving I do... I set up a variety of common mixes and switch as needed to avoid individual programming for each dive (if I've got a match pre-set of course).

Interesting method, Doug. I hadn't thought of that, though I don't do a lot of Nitrox diving. Can the same be done on the Atom 3.0?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting the manual. I briefly looked at the manual in the dive store that had a couple evaluation units. The dive store is really hot on this new AERIS dive computer. Now I can take my time doing my own evaluation. This will give me a better insight into how it functionality is laid out.

Since my last computer when belly up, (and I think it's still floating around your office since I dropped it off a few years ago) I need to replace my computer.

Doug Krause

What is the benefit of having the "DUAL ALGORITHM® / CHOICE BETWEEN PELAGIC DSAT* (SPENCER/POWELL DATA BASIS) OR PELAGIC Z+ (BUHLMAN ZHL-16C DATA BASIS)" feature for the user? Where would on algorithm be appropriate over the other and vice versa? Why should I pay more for this feature in your computer?

It's not reason to "pay more for it." However, DSAT is considered better for rec divers as it has a pretty liberal algorithm....but is a miserable failure when it comes to deco, giving you supremely weird deco profiles. Pelagic Z+ is similar to Buhlmann Z16, so it's a little less liberal on NDLs but give much more useful deco curves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom