Accident at Lake Rawlings Sunday 05/27/2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, interesting. I can't find him, and the only j hays is Janet hays, his wife I presume. Putting in the member number only returns what tursiops posted, no name attached. Where did you get that number? Also, splash dive is not listed as a naui dive center either.

Since they have been expelled from PADI, I expect they will have to start working with another agency or close.

Since they have been expelled from PADI, I expect they will have to start working with another agency or close.

I think only David Hays was expelled and not Janet Hays. As far as I can tell they are still a PADI shop or at least according to their website. I don't know if the actions of one person would get an entire shop expelled.

Hmmm, interesting. I can't find him, and the only j hays is Janet hays, his wife I presume. Putting in the member number only returns what tursiops posted, no name attached. Where did you get that number? Also, splash dive is not listed as a naui dive center either.

He is listed as J. David Hays on the PADI list, it could probably be either of them.

The decision was posted to the PADI Consumer Advisory site yesterday afternoon.

Janet Hays.jpgJ Hays.jpg

Ok, y'all have me confused, along with them both having a J in their names, and Padi having Special Advisories vs Expelled. :silly: Is Special Advisories more of the suspended but not expelled list?

Under Special Advisories, Splash dive center Is not an authorized PADI Dive Center at any level. (7 June 2012) - altho the Splash site still shows Padi. Splash is not listed under Expelled centers.

Under Expelled members, J.David Hays is listed, not just on Special advisories.

Janet Hays is not listed on either Padi list, but is shown to be The Owner of Spash on the shop site.

The decision was posted to the PADI Consumer Advisory site yesterday afternoon.

View attachment 127481View attachment 127480
I cannot make out the Urls or what those actually are, but look like Naui listings, not Padi...?

Looks like Janet is a Naui Instructor but David is not...??

Ok, y'all have me confused, along with them both having a J in their names, and Padi having Special Advisories vs Expelled. :silly: Is Special Advisories more of the suspended but not expelled list?

Under Special Advisories, Splash dive center Is not an authorized PADI Dive Center at any level. (7 June 2012) - altho the Splash site still shows Padi. Splash is not listed under Expelled centers.

Under Expelled members, J.David Hays is listed, not just on Special advisories.

Janet Hays is not listed on either Padi list, but is shown to be The Owner of Spash on the shop site.

I cannot make out the Urls or what those actually are, but look like Naui listings, not Padi...?

Looks like Janet is a Naui Instructor but David is not...??

If you look at the bottom that says NAUI Website

Hmmm, interesting. I can't find him, and the only j hays is Janet hays, his wife I presume. Putting in the member number only returns what tursiops posted, no name attached. Where did you get that number? Also, splash dive is not listed as a naui dive center either.​

While both current owners of Splash are NAUI instructors, Splash Dive Center was never a NAUI Dive Center. Under the previous owner, Splash was a SDI/TDI center as well as PADI.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom