Accident because outboard engine caught fire: Part1, by lumba lumba diving centre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just amazing. :shakehead: I'm not sure what to think of some of it, and I am unable to read more than halfway thru part 3 either - exhausting, but overall just sounds awful.

BTW, about the "Belgium diver and her appreciation of our care" who posted on another thread: That post was flagged for Mod exam and while we will probably not be told the details - it was deleted. We can only speculate if it was found to be a sock puppet with an IP other than in Belgium as she claimed in that post? :idk:

As far as not carrying fire extinguishers because they rust or something, Caca! Trying to douse a gasoline fire with wet cloth or water is a poor reaction. Water can cause the flame to explode and the burning gas to spread on top of the water. Hell, a 10# waterproof can of baking soda would work better for next to nothing. I keep a fire extinguisher in my kitchen and others in other rooms and my car, but my first line of defense if I have a pan fire would be my 1# can of baking soda I keep handy.

That reminds me: I want to schedule some fire training with my kids and grandkids, starting some fires on the farm and taking turns putting them out with extinguishers for the experience - and I want to include baking soda drills, but who knows when. We're under a mutli-county burn ban as we have been for some time in this drought, but if it ever rains?! Anyway, a thot: if your family members do not have any fire fighting experience, consider setting up some safe drills. Most of mine have been range fires, using my lowly shovel as backup behind firetruck sprayers, but firing an extinguisher is good experience. Also good to keep several in the house...!

BTW, about the "Belgium diver and her appreciation of our care" who posted on another thread: That post was flagged for Mod exam and while we will probably not be told the details - it was deleted. We can only speculate if it was found to be a sock puppet with an IP other than in Belgium as she claimed in that post? :idk:
[/U]...!

I have followed this story on another forum and am personally satisfied the Belgian womans input is genuine and not forged. If you care to investigate rather than speculate, Im sure youll come to the same conclusion. There are even photos of the injuries of staff members and the Belgian woman. The injuries are much less than I expected after the maelstrom generated by a few spectators.

Perhaps Albion could point you in the right direction as he has seen the accounts Im referring to but has not put this matter to rest. Seems strange that he would go to great lengths to inform the masses of some of the facts, while leaving others to the imagination.

Im planning a trip to Sumatra this time next year as Ive heard great reviews from friends and fellow divers about LL.

I have followed this story on another forum and am personally satisfied the Belgian womans input is genuine and not forged. If you care to investigate rather than speculate, Im sure youll come to the same conclusion. There are even photos of the injuries of staff members and the Belgian woman. The injuries are much less than I expected after the maelstrom generated by a few spectators.

Perhaps Albion could point you in the right direction as he has seen the accounts Im referring to but has not put this matter to rest. Seems strange that he would go to great lengths to inform the masses of some of the facts, while leaving others to the imagination.

Im planning a trip to Sumatra this time next year as Ive heard great reviews from friends and fellow divers about LL.
I wondered where all of the new posters were coming from. Oh I believe she is real and I believe in the injuries. I just wondered about her post as it did not seem right, and now it's gone - why?

The injuries may have been light ones luckily, but the whole accident was a very dangerous one - people in the water, boat afire and running uncontrolled in circles, her getting her wetsuit caught - so very close to danger even if not injured badly, altho the report was that she couldn't leave her hut for days so I guess it was a painful experience at best. :idk:

Now I don't trust anyone and I am paranoid about somethings that I don't accept SOPs that many do. I check every tank for CO which I am sure no one there does, and I wear an inflatable vest on dive boats until stopped in case I ever fall off one. Yeah, I can swim, but I like to think I don't have to count on that, much less for any time - and I also want to be able to help others in an accident if needed.

I also don't necessarily believe anyone on either side here, but can't help but be put off by LL. I would have been impressed if he had come on to admit problems as there must have been some real ones, and how he was refunding all monies paid by the guests who ended up overboard along with a voucher for a free return visit, but all I see is too much white wash - an old fashioned term, smoke screening, possible subterfuge, so who knows what's been hidden by whom?

His staff may be as good as he can get locally, but they sound untrustworthy. The resort was in communication with him during his absence but didn't mention the boat fire, injuries, customer problems?

Whatever, hope you have a good trip and diving. I'd suggest taking a CO tester as I always suggest anywhere, but you wouldn't admit it if you did huh? Take a waterproof can of baking soda tho. Handy stuff. :eyebrow:

Whatever, hope you have a good trip and diving. I'd suggest taking a CO tester as I always suggest anywhere, but you wouldn't admit it if you did huh? Take a waterproof can of baking soda tho. Handy stuff. :eyebrow:

Thanks Don.
lol I wont be taking a CO tester, but if I had one I would take it and give you the results on my return :)

Waterproof can of baking soda? Im not sure what you mean, but after being around boats for over 20 years I can tell you Ive had some close calls, none of which involved fire I must say, but needless to say boating has its unexpected suprises.

Which other forum?

What evidence did you see that satisfied you?

The forum is mentioned previously in this thread: Yorkshire divers.
Ton was confronted and accused of falsifying the Belgian womans account of events and asked to present photos of the injury, to which he has.
If you care to read the thread you can make your own mind up.

A link would be helpful. I have looked for this thread and not been able to find it:idk:

I think this is it.

Absolutely no evidence in that thread that supports the claim that the victim made this public statement in LL's defence.

If you are 'satisfied' by this story.... then please don't seek employment with a police force anytime soon.

Same initial post, by a single-post new member, that was made here on SB. Same calls of BS about it. Same element of 'unreality' that this injured woman would post a random supportive recommendation in multiple public forums (all of which LL are represented on).

Ton posted some pics of someone who had some scars on their lower leg. Didn't look like a caucasian foot to me. Looked Asian.... Sun tan was 'deeper' than the scarring...and hadn't faded because of any bandaging. Scar healing looks like it is at very different stages... indicating that either the photos were taken at very different times, or the wounds features were suffered at very different times. This 'Belgian woman' must have spent a lot of time barefoot in a very long heatwave in Brussels....

Even if there pics were genuine (which I have doubts about)... why didn't Dorien herself bother to post them... or post any reply on the thread she had so eagerly rushed to join to praise LL on. If they are genuine, they do nothing to support evidence that 'Dorien' isn't just a sockpuppet. For all we know, Ton has those photos because they were sent to LL as part of a legal case against them.....

Absolutely no evidence in that thread that supports the claim that the victim made this public statement in LL's defence.

If you are 'satisfied' by this story.... then please don't seek employment with a police force anytime soon.

Same initial post, by a single-post new member, that was made here on SB. Same calls of BS about it. Same element of 'unreality' that this injured woman would post a random supportive recommendation in multiple public forums (all of which LL are represented on).

Ton posted some pics of someone who had some scars on their lower leg. Didn't look like a caucasian foot to me. Looked Asian.... Sun tan was 'deeper' than the scarring...and hadn't faded because of any bandaging. Scar healing looks like it is at very different stages... indicating that either the photos were taken at very different times, or the wounds features were suffered at very different times. This 'Belgian woman' must have spent a lot of time barefoot in a very long heatwave in Brussels....

Even if there pics were genuine (which I have doubts about)... why didn't Dorien herself bother to post them... or post any reply on the thread she had so eagerly rushed to join to praise LL on. If they are genuine, they do nothing to support evidence that 'Dorien' isn't just a sockpuppet. For all we know, Ton has those photos because they were sent to LL as part of a legal case against them.....

I had a feeling you were going to take that line. Well thats a fair comment Devon, but why would you not believe whats being said. Do you have any reason to suggest its not the truth? I do believe it is the truth, I believe the photos are legit.

I see a deliberate attempt to smear LL which has included me recieving PM's from someone who is badmouthing LL on this forum in an attempt to change my view. I could argue that they have no evidence either but why would I? The truth will come out one way or another.

My intital comment was to Don and it did not involve having court admissable evidence, it involved my personal opinion. It was in response to a number of comments he made in this and in the closed thread, which insinuated what you also appear to be saying, that Ton is lying. May I say that nobody has evidence of this either.

From your comments I can see you have not read the entire thread in the link. You are asking questions that are answered there, as I suggested to you initially if you care to read the thread you can make your own mind up. I will not be speculating any further.

I got a pm also, and if I have good reason of knowledge I would go full force on it. If it means someone will die, that is where I throw thought to the accused. There is enough on this thread to make ton take safety in a big way, as he has no room for error if someone is hurt in any of these allegations.

Ton can and will learn from these problems or he will eventually be out of business, in his opening statement he describes the value LL has for the local economy.

Again good luck and hope things turn well for Ton and his crew.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom