Adjusting Hog Harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

also - if you're a smaller boned person, the shoulder straps might hit you across your upper arms instead of mid-clavicle. if that's the case, cross the straps behind your neck (right strap to left hip, left strap to right hip). that will take up most of the 'extra'.

so, yeah, cut to fit - when you're sure you've got the fit you want!

then again, webbing's cheap if you mess up. no real biggie.

I understand not cutting it until it's well adjusted, it's just got about three feet extra right now (I may be exaggerating a little bit, but who knows..) and it seems insane. Gonna drive out to San Diego tonight and rent a tank and wetsuit and see if I can get it to feel alright.

I just picked up my first BPW and the harness is simple enough to figure out *how* to adjust it...I'm just not sure how exactly it's supposed to fit...Tight here, loose there, etc. Any tips on how to adjust it, good guidelines to run by? I won't be able to actually dive it for a few weeks, and even then it'll be a pain to accomplish so I'm limited mostly to adjusting it out of water for now.

Also, the webbing is much longer than it needs to be, is it taboo for any reason to cut the webbing to a more manageable length? I'm not going to get an earful from a GUE guy if I run into DIRF in the future for having my harness cut?

I would suggest diving your rig a few times before you go nip/tuck! Also, as someone has already said, and I will emphasize, before you cut, adjust your harness to your heaviest exposure suit. You won't believe how comfortable your harness will be when it's adjusted properly. Congratulations and safe diving. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom