Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:42:
Kaiser:
I just got one of these And I got a few questions. How do I get the backlight to come on. I push the button on the right but nothing happens. The backlight comes on when the Unit get turned on but only for about 2 seconds. I also don't get the FLY or the SAT screen, but I do believe I won't get those 'til after a completed dive correct?

I have one too. I mainly use it for the depth gauge for now. I used it when I did my open water cert. dives and did not worry about the rest of features. I did not have enough time to learn them. If I want to learn a feature I read the manual about it and start experimenting with it to learn it when I am out of the water. Once I understand it I see how to test it when I'm in the water. The first time I had it in the water was two days after I bought it and that's when I figured out how the depth gauge worked and the surface temp. I later learned how to use the temp. gauge about a month ago. I kept reading the manual til I found it which wasn't too easy. You sort of have to read between the lines on it because it does not come out and say how to use the temp. gauge underwater which is when I actually saw how it worked. I saw how the fly mode worked when the word fly popped on the screen. Just learn how to use the depth and temp. gauge for now. I learned how it activated the depth gauge from the surface mode when I got about 5ft underwater in a pool and once I learned that I did not worry about the rest of the features. When you dive more with it along with manual depth and pressure gauges you will learn to explore the other features included on it. Take your time with it.

Ahhh it pays to read before posting. I found a link to the pdf manual, then I was reminded about the downloader from Scubatoys.

I did my first open water dives today for class and took the Atmos 2 along for the heck of it. I had browsed through the manual but could not really get a feel for it without having dives stored. Finally, I got those dives today...but there was a problem.
I left the manual in the pocket of my swimsuit. Which was under the wetsuit. Which was under the water. I now have a mushbook! :11:

Anyway, thanks every one for the great tips as usual!

Back
Top Bottom