After almost 50 years, I've finally seen it all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot my tanks once ... but I noticed it as soon as opened the back of the car to start getting ready.

How in the world can someone manage to get their BCD on without noticing that there isn't a tank attached to it ...

:confused: :idk: :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Twenty years ago I jump off a crowded dive boat only to realize after a failed attempt at submerging that I had forgotten my weights in my haste to be the first diver in the water.

As I climbed back on board to gather my weights all the divers (25+) were laughing AT me and I have never been able to forget how silly and embarassed I felt.

Oh my! I don't care to even fathom the level of humiliation I would feel if I ever forgot my tank.

FB-Florida Scuba Diver

When my ex and I were relatively new divers we once both stepped off the back of the boat without our weight belts. We realized it immediately ... probably because we were floating like corks in our drysuits. Turned around, looked up, and there was the boat crew with a weight belt in each hand. One at a time he had us stand on the ladder while he patiently put the belts around our waist. Everyone else waited ... and nobody laughed ... I suspect because many of them had been there before ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I think every new diver has jumped off a boat without weights. :shakehead:

I know I have.

I think every new diver has jumped off a boat without weights. :shakehead:

I know I have.

Especially with the switching from weight belt to integrated weights. It is easier to get wet without the lead if they are inside the BCD. Had a buddy keep walking in to the surf and then walking back and saying I forgot to put the pockets in......... He switched back to a belt so he would not forget.

A Tank would be just imposable for me to forget as I do checks religiously before putting on my gear. If the boat boy touches my gear after asking him not to I go and recheck the gear.

I think we've all made mistakes like jumping in without a weight belt (I know I have), some even without a mask or fins. Seen those mistakes with some frequency at the dive park. It will be interested to see if these two divers are still diving today at the park.

Not a single dive pro I've shared this with has ever seen anyone enter the water without a tank... this is truly a classic error. What I can't figure out is how he got at least 10-15 yards from the stairs without noticing it. I guess he was just using his snorkel and I assume he didn't descend. I hope he didn't!

Dr Bill, next time give me a "swallow your beverages alert". I'll PM the cleanup bill to you shortly.

In all my years of diving I was positive that I had pulled every bonehead move possible at least once. I want to thank the gentleman at the dive park for proving me wrong.

Bob
------------------------------------------
Feeling better at anothers expense.

As mentioned above, you can't fix stupid.

Forgot to... put on fins (Capt Gary may remember that),
put on weight belt,
put on mask,
put reg in mouth......
but I never forgot the tank as there is checking/breathing involved...

Will they remember to turn on the air! :D

Never forgot weights or tank but in haste did a perfect backroll off of one of Divi Flamingo's boats because I did not want to wait for the swim step to clear. Good thing somebody was still on it when I asked them to hand me my FINS!:shocked2:

When my ex and I were relatively new divers we once both stepped off the back of the boat without our weight belts. .... Everyone else waited ... and nobody laughed ... I suspect because many of them had been there before ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you can't laugh at something like this, then you need help. Laughter is a good thing....

If you can't laugh at something like this, then you need help. Laughter is a good thing....

Correct as long as the laughter starts with the subjects of the laughter. I only did that once and it was only two of us......I looked stupid kicking like a madman to get down. I believe the look of idiotic realization that came over me was humorous. I easily laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom