Air leak near pressure gauge - what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
I'm pretty sure this will fix you up... I wrote about this in the Ask Joe & Larry section - There are also some photos there...

I've got bubbles coming from my pressure gauge.

See if that doesn't fix it up.

Hey Larry, I have a squeal early morning when I crank the car up, could this be belt related? Help! Also, the wife says we spend way too much money on groceries each month, well, I like to eat! Can you help with this as well? :wink: chuckle

freediver:
Hey Larry, I have a squeal early morning when I crank the car up, could this be belt related? Help! Also, the wife says we spend way too much money on groceries each month, well, I like to eat! Can you help with this as well? :wink: chuckle

Probably a belt... Until they warm up - it may be slipping... I'd suggest checking the tension on it, and maybe a light coating of belt dressing.

As far as a wife complaining to a husband... If I had the answer to that... I wouldn't be on this board... I'd be on my yacht in the islands.

scubatoys:
Probably a belt... Until they warm up - it may be slipping... I'd suggest checking the tension on it, and maybe a light coating of belt dressing.

As far as a wife complaining to a husband... If I had the answer to that... I wouldn't be on this board... I'd be on my yacht in the islands.
thanks Larry, you da man! and thanks for the Sporasub inquiry as well!

There is a spool piece with 2 o-rings inside the gage swivel. There is probably salt buildup inside the swivel. Take the gage to a respected repair shop, for a small fee they may repair the swivel by cleaning the parts, the o-ring seals may or may not need replacing and reassembling with good quality o-ring lube.

good luck,

damsel diver

DamselDiver:
There is a spool piece with 2 o-rings inside the gage swivel. There is probably salt buildup inside the swivel. Take the gage to a respected repair shop, for a small fee they may repair the swivel by cleaning the parts, the o-ring seals may or may not need replacing and reassembling with good quality o-ring lube.

good luck,

damsel diver

Mine did the same thing so I took it down and had the o-rings replaced for a buck or two.

The most common cause of HP leaks...
I carry both the small O-rings and a few spools in my save-a-dive kit.
Usually you can just replace the o-rings, but sometimes the spool itself will fail. When this happens, often half the spool will stick down inside the hose orifice and appear "impossible" to reach and extract. Fear not... just hook the reg up to a tank and (now this is important!) aim the hose away from anything you don't want to put a hole in - like other folks - and turn on the air. The "burried" spool half will shoot out with a satisfying pop.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom