Airline theft, ONLY Continental Airline.. I don't think so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be one of the few people here who has never had any problems with the airlines. In the 12-15 years i have been traveling, I've never lost a bag nor have i been treated rudely. As for people going through your checked luggage, i wouldn't know, nor do I care. If I check a bag, even on dive trips, the valuables are always hand carried. I don't even use locks on my checked bags anymore. I do use zip ties on all the zippers to keep them closed. If they (TSA) want to open it they can just cut it. Doing so, i will know immediately when i pick up my bags that they've been opened. Fortunately, traveling in the past several years since 9/11, i've never had a bag opened.

"Locked" zippers can be opened and closed without you knowing it. There is a video on Youtube showing how it's done.

Adam

I wonder how many people don't show up for their flights. I mean really - the refund policies these days are so horrible - who doesn't show up for a flight? It seems so odd to me that the number of people not showing up would be so high that the airline would count on it.

Ah well - just another mystery in the universe I will never understand :)

I thought this practice was stopped. As part of the 9/11 strategy the terrorists bought many seats using false credentials. The idea being to have a nearly empty plane to minimize the resistance on board. This is now an alarm. A single person not showing up is investigated. (at least that's what I understand from news reports)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom