Airline theft, ONLY Continental Airline.. I don't think so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would actually respect an airline more if their ad said something along the line of "you're going to get screwed, why not get screwed by us?"
OMG that is just priceless! Thanks for the laugh.

I can picture the commercial in my mind. You could have a hot hookeresque looking woman come on with a simple white background (ala Apple commercial) and in a sexy voice, say something like, "So - you're going to fly? Do you want to fly with me? You know you're going to get screwed right? I mean, screwed like you've never been screwed before!"

Then, pan to a crowd of 3 or 4 prominent Congressmen/women, dressed up in the airline's uniform - and have them gleefully shout, in unison, "Why not get screwed by us!"

Such an airline would almost certainly get an increase in sales from such refreshing honesty in advertisement :)

someone would complain on moral grounds... :p

Gosh fellows, wish I could say I feel your pain but I don't. I have flown many places. Kenya, Egypy, Seychelles, Guam, Hawaii, Tahiti, Australia, Honduras, Mexico and all over the US. Probably 70+% of my flights are on Continential as service out of my home town connects to Houston which is one of Continential's hubs. Honestly, I love to fly, I always bring my dive gear and check it--guess I'm just lucky hearing all of your tales of woe --I will not book a flight with anyone else unless Continential doesn't fly to my destination---I hope your luck changes and you get to share pleasurable flying experiences like I have.

I may be one of the few people here who has never had any problems with the airlines. In the 12-15 years i have been traveling, I've never lost a bag nor have i been treated rudely. As for people going through your checked luggage, i wouldn't know, nor do I care. If I check a bag, even on dive trips, the valuables are always hand carried. I don't even use locks on my checked bags anymore. I do use zip ties on all the zippers to keep them closed. If they (TSA) want to open it they can just cut it. Doing so, i will know immediately when i pick up my bags that they've been opened. Fortunately, traveling in the past several years since 9/11, i've never had a bag opened.

Do you enjoy trips to the dentist's office and doing your taxes too? Just curious.

As a matter of fact, I do!!! My dentist is totally pain free oriented and my wife has always escrowed more than needed so we get a nice refund each year.

looking into getting a pair of sentry travel locks. at least make me feel a little safer.

Always..Always carry on regs, computer and mask. I guess I am lucky too, as I have never lost a bag or had anything ripped out of it. I'm a really tacky dresser so I don't worry about my clothes getting stolen. I do like the idea of zip ties, it will alert you of someone being in your bag. You can do a quick inventory right at the airport, unless of course your in a hurry to make the 2:00 pm dive boat.

I wont fly continental even if its the only airline that goes where my destination is. Ill pay extra and drive further because they have never got anything correct. They over book flights intentionally and also lost my luggage every time I have flown with them.

Does this surprise you? Most, if not all airlines do this, they count on the fact that not everybody is going to show up for their flight and the cost to them, if they DO have too many people show up, to accomodate the extra people (if they do at all) is less than what they'd lose flying the plane less than full.

It's going to be really weird for me when I go on my first dive trip (probably a liveabord next year) and have to check a bag for the first time in years (flying stand-by with checked baggage is not a good combo, especially with connections).

I wonder how many people don't show up for their flights. I mean really - the refund policies these days are so horrible - who doesn't show up for a flight? It seems so odd to me that the number of people not showing up would be so high that the airline would count on it.

Ah well - just another mystery in the universe I will never understand :)

Back
Top Bottom