Al Hornsby Resigns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys, I think it's pretty clear that some people here have no natural resistance to baiting. Is it just pure entertainment now? :)

DCBC and I don't see eye to eye on a number of subjects, but......

This is just a cheap shot. Many retired professionals do just that, give away their services. Not limited to scuba either.

Ever heard of volunteering?

Tobin

If he does it in the context of charity work - I apologize and retract my statement. If however he was being sarcastic or if he does it in his hometown to hurt his LDS that pissed him off, then I do not retract it.

Volunteering services is always appreciated and I respect that. But his attitude with me seems to suggest he operates with an alterior motive.

Guys, I think it's pretty clear that some people here have no natural resistance to baiting. Is it just pure entertainment now? :)

I know they're baiting... and I enjoy the game... so let it continue. I do however think it should be moved to a heading other than "Al Hornsby resigns." Like him or not, a thread with this name deserves something better than this as its content.

Someone posts an awful lot for leaving in a huff? Maybe it's just me! :D

OK NET DOC... you win... You guys can have your little board all to yourself... but play nice with the others and don't pick on people just because you can.

I wonder what would happen if I became a paying SB sponsor and put up big ads at the top of the page? Maybe I ought to try that...

C Ya

I don't know of any competent professionals who give their services away for free... so that says all I need to know about your skill level. You get what you pay for and what you pay for is what you get.
This is patently stupid. I give away my services several times a year. All my siblings do the same in their chosen professions, same with my folks. I'm beginning to understand why no independents work with OTW, its not that he's a bad guy, but he has a near fatal case of failure to communicate.

OK NET DOC... you win... You guys can have your little board all to yourself... but play nice with the others and don't pick on people just because you can.

I wonder what would happen if I became a paying SB sponsor and put up big ads at the top of the page? Maybe I ought to try that...

C Ya
Dramatic exit, part deux: stage left.

OTW, you don't get it. If you want to disengage, we don't need to hear about it. We'll get the picture if/when we don't see your posts. People are patiently trying to point out your boorish behavior, but you are not getting it. Buying ads does not make you exempt from criticism: ask Tobin.

Perhaps if you approached this as a mutual dialog amongst friends rather than something you either win or lose, you would get more out of it. To be effective at communication requires you to be an effective listener (reader). No one hates you, least of all me!

The problem with most stores, online, brick & mortar or combined, is that they simply don't know how to utilize social networking for their benefit. Not at all.

I don't know of any competent professionals who give their services away for free... so that says all I need to know about your skill level. You get what you pay for and what you pay for is what you get.

$2000 to $2600 per day for diving. What do you get paid for? I KNOW it can't be diving, as no one would work with you with an attitude like that.

Ah yes, selling things that people don't need so that others can dive perhaps... Does that make you a diving professional or a salesman? I think I know which.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom