All the boyz are doing it, now it's our turn!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why oh why didn't they come up with this a few years sooner???

sorry, kimber! :( :wink:

I'm really excited about the possibility of dry suit diving again. I have one that hasn't been used much due to the need to pee factor. I'll report in when I have obtained all necessary gear and have given this a try!

Everyone has already said it but the She-P is awesome....and thanks to the recommendation of the spray adhesive, it is even better. The paste was nasty. I have over 25 dives in it since getting it about month ago and only had small leaks on the first 2 test out dives....none since.

Thanks for posting all the info and although I have not ventured to the connector route, the info is there if I decide to use it. The thing was priceless on some very long cave dives this month.

Well worth any additional discomfort to landscape or prep :)

Thanks to Heleen and Sander for the design and Icegirl for posting all the info.

Karen

Call for pictures!!!! Now that we have more than just a few in the water, we want pictures of you girls in your suits sportin' yer pee valves!!! With SMILES of course! We are going to set up a "gallery" of happy customers on the main site!!!!

Send them to heleen... the wethorse info address :)

The quick disconnect makes it extremely easy to hook up but here are a few things that i would like to share...

if you have the check valve on both sides, when you get into the car to drive somewhere, the air trapped in the she-p will move around... Hook up your "pee through" so you are not, ahem, reverse "farting" in your girl parts.

In that same token, don't unhook the 'pee through' too soon, or you'll end up suction cupped ahead of time... also not the best feeling.

The hard plastic of the connector is noticeable if you don't make a point of tucking your clothing behind it (like tucking your shirt in, behind the tube etc..). I might move the "bigger" piece of the connector to the suit side, to move it up further away from the pubic bone.

In the end, I'll probably go with Open (flow through) on she-P, closed on the suit, just like the boys initially recommended or possibly nothing because if you have a check valve on pee valve side, it takes an extra step to click the 'flow through" in place for cleaning. OR, I'll stick with check valve on both sides, like now, but have a handful of spare flow through (the other side with no check valve free) to clean and pee...

Also FWIW the check valves add a bit more size to the fitting.

At some point in the next week or so I'm going to get a shipment of both styles and offer them up for sale to save everyone from having to deal with random ebayers or direct with McMasters.

ooh, good idea - you could be the go-to person & have the spray & stuff, too.

Okay, Laura, you're knocking down all my objections. Get a kit together, price it, and let me know :)

Laura,

Sign me up for one as well.... I'll pm my contact info. I'm tired of the crazed dash and the scared looking people in the loo. I was becoming concerned over the increased exertion after our dives where I'm running up the beach, flailing around trying to get out of the rig, not even trying to unclip any bottles or attachments, then running from random person to person asking them to unzip me. And let's not forget banging around the stall trying to undo all the base layers and people politely asking if I'm OK in there. Maybe all that tired after a dive isn't the exertion of trying to get to the toilet to pee, it's sub-clinical DCS. I guess I should call DAN. :wink:

BTW, my husband adores and fears you. He said he respects and fears any woman who can carry all your gear into the water, as you could kick his butt. :D I asked if he respects and fears me and the answer was no, as my limit is the hp100s, a 40, and a scooter.

LOL...

okay, ladies, for a couple more weeks, I'm gonna have y'all order up your device from Heleen, but I will start getting together a supply of the nicknacks and spray and such... Soon I'll have a stash of the devices as well, and will be able to drop ship from stateside :)

I totally hear you on the crazed dash, the painful bladder that lasts for a few days, etc... that was the number one reason I jumped right on the bandwagon...

-----------------

here are the weekends latest 'tips and tricks!"

Putting the QD further down in the 'system' is a good option if you have any issues with the hard plastic connection close to the pubic bone. Just attach she-p to norprene hose as per usual, and then decide 'how long' you want your ******, cut hose and instal QD at that point.

The spray can be 'reactivated' if you are doing multi days in a row and don't want the hassle of taking it off every day. You just wash the device as per normal, let it dry fully, and then when ready to use, just spray regular amount, spread around (the whole flange , it will be shiny where the fresh spray is - so its easy to make sure you didn't miss a spot) wait till it gets tacky (a little longer than a clean application, maybe more like 20-30 seconds) and apply per standard. You'll find it's a stronger stickum with the extra 'layer' and can actually be peeled off a bit and restuck. I was able to 'reposition' 3 times, and still got a great seal. Finally got bored with the experiment. once you take it off and it dries all the way, it's back to square one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom