alleged perpetrators of the explosive attack on the Caribbean I ship were arrested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Borge's father was seen getting on the ferry with another man who was carrying a backpack.
When they exited, it is said that he was no longer carrying the backpack.
Self sabotage seems to be the story they are going with.
This explanation eliminates any terrorist motives and is the easiest to dismiss as a one time event.
Who to believe?
Is this a fake ending to the issue to calm tourists?
Will the truth come out, or are the powers in charge so powerful, that they write the news at it fits their needs.
Maybe someone with more reliable sources can help.

Exemplary punishment to those responsible

PLAYA DEL CARMEN, SOLIDARIDAD, March 11th.- It is important to apply the law against the alleged perpetrators of the explosion to the Caribbean ship I now that there are detainees because they not only put the lives of the passengers, crew and personnel of the fiscal dock at risk. Playa del Carmen but to the destination in general, which prompted travel alert to his co-nationals of four countries of the main generators of visitors and whose effects are expected not to feel it in the upcoming Easter and summer holidays, considered the president of the National Chamber of the Transformation Industry (Canacintra), Enrique González Rosas.
After announcing that the alleged perpetrators of the explosive attack on the Caribbean I ship were arrested, it states that they could be hired by relatives of former governor Roberto Borge Angulo, after 18 days of arduous investigations by the Criminal Investigation Agency (AIC) ) of the PGR in coordination with the Armed Forces and the Federal Police, receiving advice from the US agencies of the FBI and ATF, the businessman said that the fund should be reached to punish both the material and intellectual actors.
If confirmed the family members of the former president, today imprisoned in the state of Morelos, would be a scoundrel of a family that Quintana Roo has given him so much, a serious betrayal of Quintana Roo, so if the investigations so determine an exemplary punishment must be applied to those who still think of political revenge and who can never again give such an unfortunate event that put at risk the lives of dozens of people and damage the irreversible image as a tourist destination in the Caribbean.
He acknowledged to the authorities in charge of the investigations that the serious event is being clarified and that it serves as a clear message to the United States that it is not a question of terrorist acts or a criminal attack that took place at the city's fiscal pier on February 21st. the Caribbean I ship and the unexploded ordnance in the Caribbean II anchored in Cozumel, so that it can withdraw the travel alert to its compatriots, as well as to Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, remaining as an isolated incident.
However, Enrique González Rosas recommended the authorities not to lower their guard because there is still a need to fight crime and improve the enforcement of justice that allows impunity, causing serious damage to Mexicans.

Photoshopping video technology:

Expert warns of "terrifying" potential of digitally-altered video - CBS News

Last edited:
Wow... That is almost indecipherable

Borge's father was seen getting on the ferry with another man who was carrying a backpack.
When they exited, it is said that he was no longer carrying the backpack.
Self sabotage seems to be the story they are going with.
This explanation eliminates any terrorist motives and is the easiest to dismiss as a one time event.
Who to believe?
Is this a fake ending to the issue to calm tourists?
Will the truth come out, or are the powers in charge so powerful, that they write the news at it fits their needs.
Maybe someone with more reliable sources can help.

Exemplary punishment to those responsible

PLAYA DEL CARMEN, SOLIDARIDAD, March 11th.- It is important to apply the law against the alleged perpetrators of the explosion to the Caribbean ship I now that there are detainees because they not only put the lives of the passengers, crew and personnel of the fiscal dock at risk. Playa del Carmen but to the destination in general, which prompted travel alert to his co-nationals of four countries of the main generators of visitors and whose effects are expected not to feel it in the upcoming Easter and summer holidays, considered the president of the National Chamber of the Transformation Industry (Canacintra), Enrique González Rosas.
After announcing that the alleged perpetrators of the explosive attack on the Caribbean I ship were arrested, it states that they could be hired by relatives of former governor Roberto Borge Angulo, after 18 days of arduous investigations by the Criminal Investigation Agency (AIC) ) of the PGR in coordination with the Armed Forces and the Federal Police, receiving advice from the US agencies of the FBI and ATF, the businessman said that the fund should be reached to punish both the material and intellectual actors.
If confirmed the family members of the former president, today imprisoned in the state of Morelos, would be a scoundrel of a family that Quintana Roo has given him so much, a serious betrayal of Quintana Roo, so if the investigations so determine an exemplary punishment must be applied to those who still think of political revenge and who can never again give such an unfortunate event that put at risk the lives of dozens of people and damage the irreversible image as a tourist destination in the Caribbean.
He acknowledged to the authorities in charge of the investigations that the serious event is being clarified and that it serves as a clear message to the United States that it is not a question of terrorist acts or a criminal attack that took place at the city's fiscal pier on February 21st. the Caribbean I ship and the unexploded ordnance in the Caribbean II anchored in Cozumel, so that it can withdraw the travel alert to its compatriots, as well as to Canada, Germany and the United Kingdom, remaining as an isolated incident.
However, Enrique González Rosas recommended the authorities not to lower their guard because there is still a need to fight crime and improve the enforcement of justice that allows impunity, causing serious damage to Mexicans.

Photoshopping video technology:

Expert warns of "terrifying" potential of digitally-altered video - CBS News

Wow... That is almost indecipherable
Online translators are awful. They rarely get it right. Essentially, (from an untranslated link he shared last week) there is speculation that the Borge family recently took out a $4M insurance policy and set these attacks up themselves to cash out that policy and use it for political attacks against the current Q.Roo government. The elder Borge was seen boarding the boat with an unknown person who was carrying a backpack when he got on, but didn't have a backpack when he got off. Por Esto! isn't exactly known for it's "fair and balanced" take on the news, so this should be taken with a grain of salt, but it may be credible.

They also explained that the bombs were a mixture of sodium perchlorate, aluminum, and boric acid, a mixture that will make a nice concussive blast but not do a lot of real, lasting damage. They didn't fill them with screws or anything slow burning, so it was obvious they weren't meant to maim as you would expect if this were terrorism (that sentence is my personal thought, as a chemist, but not an explosives expert).

As a Texican…I just can't help myself. Are you safer in Playa Del Carmen, or Austin, TX? Will the State Dept. issue a travel warning?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

As a Texican…I just can't help myself. Are you safer in Playa Del Carmen, or Austin, TX? Will the State Dept. issue a travel warning?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
My wife is going to Austin the same week I'm going to Cozumel...

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Only in certain neighborhoods :wink:

You do have to admit, it is unusual to see a warning to avoid the TOURIST areas of a major tourist city.
Before all of Guerrero was warned against, most of the state was, but not the tourist areas of Acapulco and Zihuatanejo.
Same with Manzanilllo in Colima.

Back
Top Bottom