Am I a bad person

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
requiem aeternum daes, domine
et lux perpetua luscet deis

faveo cui urino ea lingua

(yeah yeah, it's all greek, er um Latin to me too :54: )

Pheaton once bubbled...
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SCUBA INQUISITION!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!
:f:

Maybe we could edit this :spaninq: : to make this a more common statement...

I needed this thread today...

Phaethon:
Yes, you are the personification of the evil that is scuba, you are the prophet of scuba; scuba's representative on Earth. You, sir, are the Pope of scuba!

Ha! But we are onto you, we will hunt you down and make you pay for your herecy when you least expect us because...

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SCUBA INQUISITION!!!

Our chief weapon is a home made jacket-style BCD and a pointy knife. No! - Our two main weapons are a home made BCD, a pointy knife and a fanatical disregard for DIR.. Damn! Our THREE, yes three main weapons are Home-made BCDs, pointy knives, a fanatical disregard for DIR and several pirated copies of "Jaws: The Revenge". Oh for f...... Our four, yes four..? Five? Never mind...

Remember, we know where you dive.......

K.

Great post

nudge nudge, wink wink, know what i mean . . .

pt40fathoms:
To which I must reply:
Pie lesu domine, Dona eis requiem

Ok, I'm remembering a Monty Python flick and a handfull of monks now!

"Am I a bad person "

If so, then we are bad together! I build modular homes for a living and I always talk about diving during my initial sales call. Most have wanted to try but it's usually the $$ or not sure what its all about. I find it odd that people will drop $350,000 on a house based on a picture but wont go "try" scuba which allot of LDS have "Discover Scuba" nights that are usually free or a nominal fee.

I have in the past given people and couples a $350 store credit at my LDS. its enough to cover the classes as well as a start at the gear as well. It helps me to create a bond with the customer that lasts throughout the construction process. In addition to this, it helps out the LDS, gets more people in the water and helps to spread the word about my company.

I got the idea from siding company's that give you a TV, vacation or free windows. It's not a perfect plan but its extremely effective for me.

saying:
So I finally hastled one buddy into taking Open Water. Predictably, he loved it.

Now I'm going on vacation with some friends and, of course, the first thing I dig in on is "Before we go, everyone needs to take Open Water lessons."

I've got one bite, but I'm starting to feel guilty.

I've always hated missionaries.

I put my former buddy in the worst of guilt trips after she almost didn't complete her OW course and I had already paid for a dive vacation; I didn't feel guilty then, but I did when I got to Nassau and found out how many single female divers had gone by themselves... :54:

Luckily I no longer have that problem :cheeky:

Semper Safe,

Rick

saying:
So I finally hastled one buddy into taking Open Water. Predictably, he loved it.

Now I'm going on vacation with some friends and, of course, the first thing I dig in on is "Before we go, everyone needs to take Open Water lessons."

I've got one bite, but I'm starting to feel guilty.

I've always hated missionaries.
Heck, I think most people were discipled into the sport anyway and what do most people do when they love something...they spread the good word. I agree with the others that you shouldn't force it down people throat, but I've never seen where you have to. Usually a couple of good dive stories and either they have absolutely no interest or they immediately start asking more questions. Someone mentioned discover scuba, what a wonderful thing, I've seen whole families get hooked by that very activity. Heck, my wife made me sware to quit talking to her about scuba diving if she would just go and try the discover scuba...guess what...after the discover scuba...she's in the Divemaster Candidate program with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom