Am I behind the times? - What a sad story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't feel too bad about not knowing about this. If it weren't for the fact that I was in the 1st wave of diver to return to belize right after iris I wouldn't have know about it either.

tragedies happen...the trick is to keep from repeating them

Insane, can't believe it..............

Yes, awful story.
Went through the news though when it happened. I remember seeing the pictures of the overturned vessel on the TV.

aquaoren:
Yes, awful story.
Went through the news though when it happened. I remember seeing the pictures of the overturned vessel on the TV.

It was tragic. We were watching the storm on the weather channel all day here, about 10 miles north of Big Creek Port. It was supposed to make land fall in Dangriga, 35 miles or so north but then just kept curving south and moving really fast. As it turned out, the worst of the storm passed right through Big Creek.

I agree this was terrible. There are past threads on this tragedy on this board if any of you are interested.

What I don't understand is that after this level of complete stupidity and utter disregard for human life, PADI is still pushing Peter Hughes' trips. Why?

There are different versions of this story, some much different. Had the Aggressor been tied where the Dancer was it would have been the one upside down. Would there be the same things being said about that company? Several boats were rafted to the Dancer and that it what caused the boat to flip when the cleats ( not sure if that is the right term) pulled out of the dock. There is much more to this story.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom