An Andrea Doria Exclusive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made me wish I had taken up diving about 10 years earlier. Great article. I really enjoyed it. Not enough to go to bed with, though. You people are sad. lol

If I read the article correctly, it sounds like there is not much penetration diving left on the Doria. Sounds like the sea has taken it's toll on it.

Anyone know for sure?

The articles and wrecks they reference in this are great if you like wreck diving. I have been reading it every monring on the way to work.

Re: Scuba Diving copies and where to find them.

Subscribers began getting the issue this past week. If you have a home subscription and it hasn't arrived yet, it should be showing up in your mailbox shortly.

Newsstand buyers will have to wait a little bit longer. The official on-sale date for the issue is 3/20. You can find the magazine for sale at Scuba Diving's Golden Tank dive centers -- www.scubadiving.com/goldentankretailers . We're also carried in larger bookstores like Barnes & Noble and Books a Million.

Don't forget to pick up the March issue, too, before it gets replaced -- it includes the story on Matt Johnston, travel guides to the Cayman Islands, USVIs and Hawaii, a great local diving piece on Southern California night dives and a ScubaLab review of dive knives.

Enjoy!

Keith

Keith Phillips
Executive Editor
Scuba Diving
Kphillips@staff.scubadiving.com

In addition to the bonus content Nick told you about, we have also created two dedicated areas on ScubaDiving.com' own message board related to the wreck issue:

Your Doria Stories.
We've told the stories of John Chatterton, Richie Kohler, Evelyn Dudas and Bob Hollis. Now it's your turn. Post your Doria adventures at:

www.scubadiving.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=20511

Missing Wrecks.
If you make a list of the "World's Best" anything you're bound to start a debate. Did we leave your favorite wreck out of the April issue? Did we include one you think is questionable? If so, tell us about it at:

www.scubadiving.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=20935

Keith

Keith Phillips
Executive Editor
Scuba Diving
Kphillips@staff.scubadiving.com

aue-mike:
It would be nice if Rodale's mentioned that the wreck of the PAPOOSE is not off Morehead City but is actually quite a distance north in 200 feet of water....

Hi Mike, could you please tell us where you read that? Thanks.

Nick

PS - People still call us "Rodale's" but we haven't been owned by Rodale Press since 2004.

Back
Top Bottom