Ankle weight user poll

Do you use ankle weights and if so with what type of exposure suit?

• I use them only with wetsuits

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would offer to help ween you off your ankle weights, but the last time I did that...it didn't go over so well.

? I am all ears. If you have something else to suggest that I have not tried already, I am interest to hear, cheers :)

Been looking in your profile,oldest dive was in 2005.

Don't be to harsh on your self,only JeffG seems to be able to be prefect after 20 dives.:D
Pics look great,just have fun and don't worry to much on the rest of us.
Don't forget some of us loudmouths have over 3/4000 dives.:D
And even those can still learn.I know I do.:D

You tell me :wink:

I am not wearing ankle weights in that picture. I was diving wet below 5m so I did not use them. That was taken at a depth of about 15m I believe.

If you can do it at 15 you can do it at 5.:D

YES YOU CAN. Just takes some time.

Been looking in your profile,oldest dive was in 2005.

Don't be to harsh on your self,only JeffG seems to be able to be prefect after 20 dives.:D
Pics look great,just have fun and don't worry to much on the rest of us.
Don't forget some of us loudmouths have over 3/4000 dives.:D
And even those can still learn.I know I do.:D

I did two dives in 2005, then nothing til I got certified in 2008 so diving just over a year :)

Thanks anyway :) I have tried a bunch of things, no luck yet, and am always open to more suggestions to improve my technique. I have never been a fast learner at practical things though :wink:

YES YOU CAN. Just takes some time.

I just notice that I have to fin a lot, rather than just hover there, like I can do at deeper depths :confused:

I did two dives in 2005, then nothing til I got certified in 2008 so diving just over a year :)

O please,you're trying to do what I learned in 29 years.:confused: NOT gonna work.:no:
Thanks anyway :) I have tried a bunch of things, no luck yet, and am always open to more suggestions to improve my technique. I have never been a fast learner at practical things though :wink:

Almost deleted this part,untill I saw the last part at the VERY last moment.:D

Fast learning is fine,I'd rather have a GOOD learner.
IMO most fast learners are fast forgetters.:shakehead:IMO we all should take TIME to learn things.Scuba is NO joke,we should all take time to learn it well.

1 year is NOT the time to learn scuba.
5 to 6 weeks to learn the basics.
an other month or 2 to learn some extra tricks.AOW + RSQ.
And now you start learning.Most of the time I tell divers to come back when they have at least 100 dives(not for aditional training,but for overall skill assement)

I just notice that I have to fin a lot, rather than just hover there, like I can do at deeper depths :confused:

Not getting that one.

O please,you're trying to do what I learned in 29 years.:confused: NOT gonna work.:no:

Almost deleted this part,untill I saw the last part at the VERY last moment.:D

Fast learning is fine,I'd rather have a GOOD learner.
IMO most fast learners are fast forgetters.:shakehead:IMO we all should take TIME to learn things.Scuba is NO joke,we should all take time to learn it well.

1 year is NOT the time to learn scuba.
5 to 6 weeks to learn the basics.
an other month or 2 to learn some extra tricks.AOW + RSQ.
And now you start learning.Most of the time I tell divers to come back when they have at least 100 dives(not for aditional training,but for overall skill assement)

Well I've nearly done 200 dives... so perhaps I should be better :wink: Though with ankle weights I have no issues with trim, hence why I wear them. Tried a bunch of things to avoid wearing them but no luck. Everyone just goes 'oh just a crutch' but so far no one has given me something to try that has worked. :S I have not had any instruction though since June last year (well Rescue, but we did not look at buoyancy/trim skills), have started a new course (though no practical assessment yet) soon so perhaps my instructor will have better feedback.

Not getting that one.

Well if I do not want to float feet up, I fin back and forth to stay horizontal with no weight on my ankles. I can put up with it ok, but when I have my camera it is frustrating not to be motionless. Deeper it is not such a problem as I can hover without moving.

200 dives in a year.90%+ of us dream about that.:D
To bad my classes are 24h flight away at least.:):

But.... you're trying a major taskload on your self in the 1st year.
Trim, camera and motionless.

It's like getting as good as JJ.or jac.coustau or any other famous diver in one year.:shakehead:

Just don't sweat it girl,you'll get there,just give it time.

200 dives in a year.90%+ of us dream about that.:D
To bad my classes are 24h flight away at least.:):

But.... you're trying a major taskload on your self in the 1st year.
Trim, camera and motionless.

It's like getting as good as JJ.or jac.coustau or any other famous diver in one year.:shakehead:

Just don't sweat it girl,you'll get there,just give it time.

Ok thanks :)

Ok, well I'll just keep diving and see how I go. :)

Back
Top Bottom