Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for updating.

When air integration is available I will consider the computer. It looks to be a great computer, it currently does not have one of the functions I want.

I am sure that when air integration is available it will be announced. Keep us informed.

If the H3 with AI has good battery life, it will be the dive computer I recommend. I've played with them. Nice construction, easy to use interface. But battery life is key.

Air-integration is a deal breaker for some, and a nice added feature for some others. Especially with a high price tag (as many potential customers will see it, especially new to diving), this matters. If they would at least commit that all H3's sold will get AI at some point, that would be worth something.

If one of your competitors is Shearwater, a company legendary on this forum for customer service & pleasing their target demographic, then public relations is important to you market position. For comparison, ScubaPro, which has competing products, buys your company, and we almost immediately see:

The SubGravity T1 dive computer will no longer be available on a stand-alone basis. It will however be available as an integrated option on SubGravity supported rebreathers.

and as Chiung said:

Now, with the announcement of the acquisition by Scubapro, and without concrete information from Seabear or Subgravity, one could speculate that SP has killed the AI feature to prevent cannibalization of their line of AI computers.

Lack of transparency = lack of credibility

If the company wants to garner the kind of good will Shearwater rocks, how about telling us why the stand-alone T1 got canned?

People who buy Shearwater expect years of service availability for their product, IIRC. So far, one of your main 2 offerings...for the most part wasn't even let out the door.

Richard.

No matter how great reviews of the Shearwater are here or any place else, if the computer isn't air integrated it isn't on my radar. I made the mistake of buying something without AI on suggestions from this board. I regret that purchase. No AI is a deal breaker for me, regardless of how wonderful a Shearwater is reported to be. It would be like buying a car without AC. I did it once, I will not do it again. I respect the fact that the claim of AI has been withdrawn. I respect the fact that until a certain date for release with AI has not been given especially if it will only to be delayed. I find this refreshingly honest.

I, too, demand A.I. What I'd like is a refreshingly honest statement that the H3 will eventually get A.I. (talking all units already sold), or it won't, or they don't know either way.

Richard.

Wish that the H3 offered Bluetooth, just like the Petrel to instantly upload dive profiles to the iPhone/iPad. Instead the H3 uses NFC (duh) that only supports android for now. So IOS users are SOL.

Anyway, it's just a matter of time that another (or several) manufacturers will offer a OLED wrist type dive computer with AI, Bluetooth and Petrel like rich features and intuitive UI. Oh, and Suunto like strap. The H3 strap leave much to be desired.

Seriously guys, there is no conspiracy here. I have mentioned several times that we have no further information on air integration at this time. The only thing I can tell you is that currently, the SubGravity H3 powered by Seabear has no air integration and that I have no new information to offer on the subject. That said, SubGravity continues to sell the H3 and it is being dived and enjoyed by numerous serious divers throughout the country!

We just finished up at DEMA a couple of weeks ago, where it was extremely well received by the industry and is being sold by fine dive shops all across the US as well as directly from sub-gravity.com

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly or post any additional questions here on Scubaboard.

Kind regards,
Randy

Thanks

Do you have any information on why the AI feature was removed? I accept that no one can make any promises going forward, but find it hard to believe why there is no explanation forthcoming about why it was promised, then removed.

I too am awaiting the word on AI. I demoed the H3 computer at the Blue Grotto event and really, really liked the readout. Not to mention the extremely nice and high quality people who run Sub-Gravity. But, no AI means no deal, for me.

I also wonder about the withdraw of the T1, which had twice the battery life of the H3 and a fantastic wheel interface that was really something not only new but excellent. That would have been my computer of choice, for sure, if the AI were added.

What happened to the T1s that were sold? Will they get AI? If I had an answer to this, I might try to find one, but I am not going to invest $$$ without knowing this.

Also, I see that Liquivision has announced a new AI computer that will in fact do trimix as well and be out early next year. This looks like it will be a top machine when it arrives. The competition is heating up and where SeaBear had the chance to be out front, there will be other choices to look at by the time AI arrives (if it ever does).

I am in no hurry so, by then, maybe SeaBear will have the AI out and then we can compare the two. For now, my Galileo Sol is working fine for me.

That was me, but I don't think I am buying into any discontinued models and especially when I don't know whether AI would come to the T1 even if it does come to the H3. Its a shame, as I did like the T1 better than the H3. Will wait to see how the H3 and the new liquivision shake out.

This thread seems to be the compendium of H3 knowledge and a place where it has received some support, so I figured I'd ask here.

Basically, what about the info in this thread?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...analyzers/520314-step-up-dive-computer-2.html

What victorzamora has posted there about his experience with the H3 makes it sound like the H3 has a serious issue with tracking decompression obligations. 2 examples of what he said:

- stopping at 20' does not shorten the time the H3 requires at 10' at all.

- 20 minutes at 50' don't affect the time required to stop at 30'.

If I have understood what he wrote correctly (which is always suspect), the contrasting (and preferred) behavior that one would find in a Petrel is that if one wanted to do one's last stop at 20', a deco ceiling of 10' would be cleared by stopping at 20' and waiting just a bit longer than the 10' stop requires. And, when ascending from some deeper depth where you have incurred a deco stop at 30', spending 20 minutes at 50' would (substantially, I think) reduce the time required to be spent at 30'.

I emailed Sub Gravity earlier today to see what they have to say about this behavior. I have not heard back yet, but it has only been a few hours. But, really, a response here (on in the linked thread) would potentially help a lot more people than just me.

I ordered an H3 yesterday. If I can't get some verification that this behavior is resolved or some explanation of why victorzamora experienced these things, I think I will have to return the H3 for a refund. There is no way I want to do deco dives with a computer that won't let me do my final stop at 20 or 30 feet if I want to and still clear my final deco obligation in the time that would be predicted by ZHL-16C and my GF settings. Ocean conditions are sometimes pretty rough on the surface and it is highly desirable to make the last stop at a depth like 30', to stay below the surface surge (at least to some degree).

Caveat: I am currently taking the TDI Deco Procedures class. I have completed the classroom portion and a bunch of training dives, but I have not yet done my first real deco dive. So, maybe I am somehow just really not understanding this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom