SubGravity H3 in California Diver Mag!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubGravity

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
A big thank you to Tim Lund from California Diver magazine for the great write up!

Billed as the smallest full function dive computer, the SubGravity H3 powered by SeaBear is a powerhouse of a dive computer in a watch-sized case. Designed for the diver looking for a computer that can do it all. From NDL recreational diving to tech diving with trimix to closed circuit rebreather, the SubGravity H3 is ready for most anything you can want to dive and ready to go without paying for any upgrades. That’s right, no paying extra to unlock the trimix or CCR functions, the SubGravity H3 comes fully loaded and fully capable from the get go. One more thing, the H3 is also depth rated to 426.5’ (130m) bringing some great features to those that like to dive deep...... READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Nice form factor but missing out on some features found on a petrel. Example, the wireless Bluetooth upload of dive logs to your iPhone. It's amazingly fast. Right out of the water, get your iPhone, access the Divelog app, press the upload log selection on the Petrel, in less than a minute, your dive profile is on your iPhone. I hated logging dives because it takes time. Now with the Petrel and Dive Log app on an iPhone, it's so fast, dive logging is no longer a chore.

The H3 uses NFC (duh) instead of Bluetooth. Therefore if you're using an iOS device, you're S$$t out of luck. Uploading dive profile from an H3 on an iPhone won't work. Why the H3 used nfc instead of Bluetooth is baffling.

It's a nice article. I hope the H3 gets A.I. real soon. Without it, seems like the tec. diving sector is already happy with the Petrel. On the rec. side, a dive computer at nearly a grand would probably be expected to have A.I., at least as an optional add-on. LiquiVision is coming out with the Omnix, which I suppose will compete to some extent.

I think A.I. would make it more evident what niche in the market the H3 fits into. Could be wrong.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom