Announcing the SubGravity H3 - Powered by SeaBear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They got these in at Sunshine Scuba in my area. It's a nice looking computer but not nice enough to entice me to replace my current units. Those that said the computer looks better in person than on the website are spot on.

Does anyone know if there is a hoseless AI option?

They got these in at Sunshine Scuba in my area. It's a nice looking computer but not nice enough to entice me to replace my current units. Those that said the computer looks better in person than on the website are spot on.

Does anyone know if there is a hoseless AI option?

So this is owned by Scubapro now, I keep waiting for it to show up on their website and wait for info regarding AI, said to be in the works some time ago. I posted on the Scubapro manufacturer site quite a while ago, got a curt response, and they locked the thread. Sorry, but this is not the old Scubapro who manufactured my MK5/R109

I understand your point but I think you missed mine.

AI was a feature that was promised, then with no explanation it was removed from the website months ago.

A release date would be nice but at this stage and with the lack of communicating WHY the feature was removed, I personally would discount the credibility of such a date or release.

For me, what would help to repair the credibility would be an explanation of why the AI feature was announced, then removed. Whether it will be available and when would be nice to know also, but as I said - fool me once...

Now, with the announcement of the acquisition by Scubapro, and without concrete information from Seabear or Subgravity, one could speculate that SP has killed the AI feature to prevent cannibalization of their line of AI computers.

Lack of transparency = lack of credibility

I completely agree. SubGravity and Seabear have lost all credibility. I contacted the company directly about the transmitter:

whysocold:
What is the status on the H3 transmitter? I believe that it is well overdue now, is it not?
SubGravity:
We do not have any further information about the availability of a transmitter. Seabear has not released any information about this to anyone as far as we know.
whysocold:
I purchased the H3 because of the promise of a transmitter. At what point can I expect the transmitter to be available or a formal announcement that there will not be a transmitter and that H3s can be returned for refund?
SubGravity:
I'm not sure who promised you a transmitter. Was it someone from our company?

Did you purchase the H3 from SubGravity or from one of our retailers? If it was a retailer, can you please provide us with the name of the shop as well as the date of the transaction?

As I previously stated, we do not have any further information about a transmitter at this point. It is really up to Seabear as to when they will make any announcement about a pending transmitter.

Randy Thornton was the person corresponding above and to my knowledge, he is the one that posts on ScubaBoard.

Randy, your website promised a transmitter, you said that there would be a transmitter, many, many, times. Now you are claiming "I'm not sure who promised you a transmitter. Was it someone from our company?" I don't know Randy, do you think that promises from YOU qualify as "someone from [your] company"?

Randy and SubGravity have some serious explaining to do. I either want a firm date for the transmitter or I want a refund on my H3. I would rather give my money to a company with credibility.

I completely agree. SubGravity and Seabear have lost all credibility. I contacted the company directly about the transmitter:

Randy Thornton was the person corresponding above and to my knowledge, he is the one that posts on ScubaBoard.

Randy, your website promised a transmitter, you said that there would be a transmitter, many, many, times. Now you are claiming "I'm not sure who promised you a transmitter. Was it someone from our company?" I don't know Randy, do you think that promises from YOU qualify as "someone from [your] company"?

Randy and SubGravity have some serious explaining to do. I either want a firm date for the transmitter or I want a refund on my H3. I would rather give my money to a company with credibility.

It would probably be wise to screenshot each of those posts just in case they 'accidentally' get edited by Mr Randy.

Randy replied privately via email to the thread I posted above.

SubGravity:
We do not intend to publicly debate this with you on Scubaboard. In fact, we aren't trying to debate this with you at all. We simply need some additional information from you so that we can most effectively try to understand how to resolve the issue for you.

Again, I will ask you a couple of direct questions:

1. Where did you buy the H3? Can you please forward us a copy of the receipt?
  2. Can you please point us to the marketing material referencing a transmitter?
Please know that our intention of SubGravity to stand behind all of our products that we sell. In order to do so, we need this additional information.

Whysocold,

We would encourage you to continue your correspondence with SubGravity offline so that we can see how we can most effectively deal with your concerns.

Kind regards,
Randy

Whysocold,

We would encourage you to continue your correspondence with SubGravity offline so that we can see how we can most effectively deal with your concerns.

Kind regards,
Randy

This is a concern that affects everyone as there have been many many questions about the transmitter on this thread and they are still unanswered. SubGravity is not clearly stating what is happening with the transmitter but from your comments, it appears that you are trying to coverup all traces that a transmitter was already promised. When I contacted you directly about the transmitter, I wasn't given information about the status, I was grilled on who promised one (you) and if there are retailers still promising one. These aren't the actions of a vendor that wants to take care of their customers, they are the actions of a vendor that is trying to cover their ass.

This is exactly why I would NEVER purchase anything based on promises of future upgrades - things/business changes and they might not ever happen. I buy based on what is available today - if upgrades do come, then it's just icing on the cake! In this case, if you really needed AI, why did you buy it in the first place as you are obviously surviving without it and were willing to survive without it for some time? No offense intended, and I do believe Subgravity/SeaBear misled folks as I do recall them stating that AI was coming (by late last year as in the attached link - and I saw this on their site at some point too).

SubGravity: H3 smart watch Dive Computer - Scuba Show

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom