Another LDS Experience Gone Sour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClassAction:
I think you're being way to hard on this kid (mxracer). While the demo was technically a free service, I do think that he should be willing reward the LDS for that service as long as the reward is reasonable. He said that he was willing to pay $60 more for the item, but not $300. Are you suggesting that the hour in the pool and the cost of the lights/AC amounted to $300? I'll bet it's closer to $60. True, he didn't give them a chance to match the price. But he's completely new to scuba, and for Christ's sake, he's 18!
Who cares how old he is? He is old enough to come on here with at least a slightly exaggerated story that would have a serious negative impact on the shop had he given the name, you can be sure at least half a dozen people reading this thread would have called them up and berated them!

Like I said, given the chance to get within $60 of what he paid, the shop could have done it.

Why, Why, Why should we treat LDS differently than any other retail business online or B&M??

Price Matching or Haggling - So now you want me to treat the LDS like a souvenier stand in Tijuana? I can't think of a single other retail business where haggling is acceptable anymore (besides car dealerships). Once more you run the chance of burning your bridge with that shop, should you even try, I don't think it goes over well. Because bottom line is, it is just that, haggling unless they have a Price Match or Beat guarantee. Personally I don't like haggling, If the shop has a price match or beat guarantee great, if not it seems kindof unethical to even bring it up. And I don't think the LDS would appreciate it as some have stated.

shark.byte.usa:
if not it seems kindof unethical to even bring it up.

unethical for you to save money?

here's the equation:

you sell your time to someone = you get money

you spend money = you just spent a chunk of your life

since when is it wrong to value the money you trade your life for?

H2Andy:
unethical for you to save money?

here's the equation:

you sell your time to someone = you get money

you spend money = you just spent a chunk of your life

since when is it wrong to value the money you trade your life for?
??
I said it was unethical to bring it up, I didn't say I was going to buy it there, hence spend more money.

Look I run two eCommerce shops, one for instance is for health supplements. If I were a potential customer of my online shop, I wouldn't price everything I needed online and go run to Joe Schmoe's Vitamin Store, GNC or HI-Health and haggle them to match or beat the price I had found online, unless they had a known policy of Price Matching or Beating. If not, I would find this practice unethical and just buy the product online from the original source at the lower price. I wouldn't want to treat any business like as I said a Souvenier stand in Tijuana, unless they expected it and I wouldn't be roasted for doing so. Comprende?

mossym:
in fairness i can see his frustration...when i buy something from the internet, i don't need to go to my lds to check it out, and they generally don't stock it...

if i went and spent time there looking at it and trying it, i'd get it there...

i know there is other circumstances you mentionted...but if you weren't planning on buying the bc at the store the day you tried it on, why waste your time and the sales guys?

$300.00 is one expensive pool session. Bottom line is that this LDS is in the habbit of taking their customers for all they got. Good Luck with that business plan!

PugetDiver:
$300.00 is one expensive pool session. Bottom line is that this LDS is in the habbit of taking their customers for all they got. Good Luck with that business plan!

so you personally know the lds he is talking about? i presume you do when you know their habits..

and if you read all my posts you'll see i never said the shop was right...300 is too much of a difference, but at the same time the shop does deserve to be able to charge more for the benifits you get there..maybe not 300 more..but you can't expect the price to be the same if you can try on the gear and test it out.

PugetDiver:
I assume you're speaking from your extensive personal knowledge of the unnamed dive shop in question?

Tell us more about this habit. Tell us more about the pool session and the gear involved.

What on earth are you talking about?

jonnythan:
I assume you're speaking from your extensive personal knowledge of the unnamed dive shop in question?

Tell us more about this habit. Tell us more about the pool session and the gear involved.

glad i'm not alone in thinking that!

mossym:
so you personally know the lds he is talking about? i presume you do when you know their habits..

jonnythan:

Jon, I swear that something is working against you today :D

Your either a slow typer or your drunk
drink4.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom