Another LDS Experience Gone Sour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he'd have beaten me if the post wasn't in reply to something i said....

Lil' Irish Temper:
Jon, I swear that something is working against you today :D

Your either a slow typer or your drunk
drink4.gif
I'm at work earning (!) taxpayer money.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OneBrightGator:
Who cares how old he is? He is old enough to come on here with at least a slightly exaggerated story .

Let's assume he was telling the truth about the reaction of the shop attendant/employee. You work in a shop correct? What would the owner of your shop do if he saw you telling a customer, "I have a real problem.....blah blah blah."?
I can guarantee you that if I had a shop and this happened I would have fired the worker and given a free pair of fins or something to the customer.
The only chance LDSs have is to make customers feel good about being there, even knowing they're spending more money. The "mom and pop down home feel" is the best you can do. Getting pissed at a customer for not buying is the absolute worst thing. You lose the sale but make the customer feel good and he/she will be back. You're beginning a potential relationship with everyone that walks in the door.

You know what's really, really funny...My LDS *****ed at me over buying online blah blah ( you can read the rants elsewhere). Yet the husband of the manager (and senior instructor at the shop) bought his camera equipment from B&H. Hmmmm I didn't see him going to his local camera store and paying the several hundred extra he would have paid for the same product. If the LDS can't handle the economy, then they should go into some safe business like car sales.

I am sure he didn't buy the car at the dealer shop where he did a test drive LOL~~~

Every business and work is struggling with the competition. But, only LDSs want to have a special and secure business environments. I don't understand why Maybe, the former old divers spoiled them too much....

DrSteve:
You know what's really, really funny...My LDS *****ed at me over buying online blah blah ( you can read the rants elsewhere). Yet the husband of the manager (and senior instructor at the shop) bought his camera equipment from B&H. Hmmmm I didn't see him going to his local camera store and paying the several hundred extra he would have paid for the same product. If the LDS can't handle the economy, then they should go into some safe business like car sales.

mossym:
then why not leave with one? they had what he wanted after all? i'm not taking either side on this, i can see both sides frustrations....

im gonna go out on a limb here..
he went to try a BC he was lookin at buying...
at he suggestion of the LDS he tried the BP
and liked it, but at double the price being just outa highschool soon to coledge with a part time job probally didnt have the cahs and would come back when he did in the mean time found a better deal.......

i can see some frustration in the shop, but if they even remotley treated me like that i woulda explained to them that ill be spending money elsewhere.
are they stupid. thats a customer who was ready to spend money then and in the future.

Diesel298:
i can see some frustration in the shop, but if they even remotley treated me like that i woulda explained to them that ill be spending money elsewhere.
are they stupid. thats a customer who was ready to spend money then and in the future.

If its the only shop in town, and the nearest air fill or parts is 2 1/2 hours away are you going to stick with that theory though?

That one could come back, and bite you.

"Well in this case, the markup (which was not 100%, and the shop never got a chance to come close to or match the price the OP found on the similar but cheaper item anyway) was paying for the salesman's time, the display stock, the storefront, and the pool."

Chill out dude. The salesman is there from 9-5, so whether hes helping me or sitting around, whats the difference? Its his job to help me. I didn't steal the display stock...infact it went back on the rack an hour later. THATS CALLED OVERHEAD. Its part of doing business, and if I wanted to pay for it, I would OWN the lds. The storefront and the pool? Give me a break...again, overhead.

And their classes werent the cheapest either.

really guys...we can end this thread. Its done, and I've already found a new shop...unless you like arguing about this kinda stuff.

Thanks again
-Matt

mxracer19really guys...we can end this thread. Its done:
Now the important stuff Matt. Do you ride 80s, 125 or 250? Kawa, Yama, Suzuk, Honda? Motocross is awesome. My son's trying to start racing up in Indiana now. He rides a KX250. Hank

mxracer19:
really guys...we can end this thread. Its done, and I've already found a new shop...unless you like arguing about this kinda stuff.

behold the beauty of a discussion board at work :wink:

ten months from now, someone will re-discover this thread and we'll be back at it

and this thread is probably the 90th time this issue has been covered

this year

:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom