Anti-DIR reg instructions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
It adds to the confusion? So there is already confusion? Wow... Stowing 1 long hose if perfect but stowing two turns it into a CF? Wow....

Drop it Cincy. Stop trying to drag this out.

This thread should have died a long time a go. I don't know what is worse, the troll or his chef.

It adds to the confusion? So there is already confusion? Wow... Stowing 1 long hose if perfect but stowing two turns it into a CF? Wow....

Stowing one long hose is simple and *much* easier than reattaching an octo to some convoluted octo holder thingamabob. That's one of the reasons to use it...it encourages OOA drills since it's not a PIA to put it back when you are done. Two long hoses would be difficult to do, because one would have to be stuffed in some weird way while the other was routed correctly.

pipedope once bubbled...
I gotta do something.

I haven't been able to crawl through the mud, sucking air from a *long* hose for too long.
BTW *Long* hose is 50' or more.

I need to do something to stay in shape.:D

Besides, it looks like dead horse beating will be an olympic sport in a few years. Finally a sport where we old farts have a chance.

You're right about getting your exercise dragging that hose through the mud!

But here's one for you! Instead of dead-horse beating, take up the sport of "Buzkashi"! As practiced in Afghanistan, two sides of around 10 to 15 people on horseback struggle over the carcass of a dead goat. Whichever side gets the goat, or what remains of it, back to their end of the corral and keeps it there, wins! There are, of course, few, if any, rules!

Whaddya think, compadre? Sounds like great fun, doesn't it?=-)

Soggy once bubbled...

Stowing one long hose is simple and *much* easier than reattaching an octo to some convoluted octo holder thingamabob. That's one of the reasons to use it...it encourages OOA drills since it's not a PIA to put it back when you are done. Two long hoses would be difficult to do, because one would have to be stuffed in some weird way while the other was routed correctly.

While I understand some of this...I don't understand how you have a difficult time attatching your octo to an octo holder. I've never had trouble with that.

While I understand some of this...I don't understand how you have a difficult time attatching your octo to an octo holder. I've never had trouble with that.

Try a properly routed long hose and you'll understand how much easier it is. The few times I've dived with a true "octo" setup, I've had an enormously difficult time finding that stupid little holder and then stuffing the mouthpiece back in.

There is a better way.

More than a few times I have, in mid dive, finally gone over to my insta-buddy and re-stowed their octo. That's never happened with an buddy diving a Long Hose / Necklace rig.

Gone over to turn off their overrated Scout light mid-dive, sure. :D But never a gas supply stowage issue. Never.

K

Soggy once bubbled...

Two long hoses would be difficult to do, because one would have to be stuffed in some weird way while the other was routed correctly.

For crying out loud Soggy!

Why don't you have two long hoses? It doesn't have anything to do with stowing hoses or the ensuing CF possibility. Hose length does one thing: it determines how close you have to remain to the first stage it is attached to. You don't need two long hoses because if two people are breathing off the same first stage (or set of tanks for you anal nit-pickers who will bring up doubles) one of those people is attached to that first stage. It's right behind their head and strapped to their back!

Soggy, you're smarter than this. :spank:

:boom:

It makes sense. The clown that lights the fuse knows its going to explode and do damage.

That's the basic MO of a troll.

As to the horse pummeller (was that it...?) I'm open to suggestion.

K

cornfed once bubbled...
Sea lion?! Everytime one of you guys in California opens their mouth it's weirder then the last time.
LOL!
They are interesting.... the love to play, and they will take a run directly at you, making a sharp 90 degree turn at about 3-5 feet away.
The "blast" of water that they send is enough to displace a mask, or a reg if you are not expecting it.

Don Burke once bubbled...
Do you get custom helmets made or do you get existing ones modified? :hmmm:

Just a slight modification of the liner is fine in a Superlite 17. :D

I am not quite a 'conehead'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom