Any abalone divers in north bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How are you Ericson? Long time no see. I will be at Stillwater Memorial weekend with the usual gang of divers if you would like to stop by? I hope all is well with you and, let me know if you are going to be doing any tank diving soon, I'd love to tag along.

Tessa

Tessa,

I'll be diving Monterey this saturday the 17th. Interested? I have one other buddy going so far. Bring your camera!

- Ericson

I don't know what Ocean Cove is like. Camping or otherwise. This will be our first time there, but we are looking forward to it.

I am going Friday Aug 1 to Sonoma for Abalone and Rockfish. It should be good, but overgrown with kelp. Leaving from Concord about 7am.

cmburch,

I too am from Concord. I am leaving tomorrow evening to head up north to Usal for the ab re-opening. A group of us from North Coast Divers are camping along the lost coast in search of trophy abs. When I get back, we should plan on an abalone trip. I like to take tanks along to hunt fish after I grab my ab limits. You interested?

Hey Rob and all-

I just saw your posts. I'm back available for the season. I write my schedule, can go most days of the week. How about tomorrow! :lotsalove:

You guys know the drill, we all have some buddies, but can't always match their available days. Call me at 707-829-0776 or email pwolf1@wolfskills.com. Shore or kayak, either way.

Hey Peter,
Looking forward to doing some more north coast diving with you!! Im trying to hit the Sonoma and Mendo coast real hard for the ab season, but I always enjoy diving in Monterey, the vis. is always better there. Hit me up the next time your going out and I'll see where Im at.

Rob

Been abalone diving since I was 10 and scuba certified since 89 and dont have too many dive buddies. I am a certified Rescue diver through PADI My Dad is just about the only person I can summon to dive with, but it seems these days his 32 year old son is too active for him. Looking to meet other divers who brave the frigid shores of the Salt Point area. And Frequent the Monterey area where I tend to do most of my tank dives. Am jonesing to get into the water, Any takers?

Rob
MRAB & friends-

I just posted last week for a buddy (to dive yesterday). The post was that I write the appt. and class schedule in my own businesses, so I actually can get available to dive most days of the week - including weekdays.

I like to dive a day a week, sometimes two during ab season, and good buddies of mine often only have a specific day that they can get out of their cages. So it's great that a number of us are putting the word out like this. I do dive on weekends but if you haven't gone out mid-week when it is so amazingly quiet, you're in for a treat!

On that subject, HY and I just hooked up from our posts, and went out yesterday on kayaks from Timber Cove. Howard, a real pleasure getting to know you, and also to learn from your kayak experience as I get accustomed to my diveyak XK2020. It was an extraordinarily beautiful day, late afternoon; we were treated to an awesomely framed sunset and sundown at the conclusion.

So give a holler if you get free and want to go out!
Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom