any awesome wrecks sites in philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon:
exactly but from what i read the rouses take it to another level

Yeah, but you should read about scheck exley and bill stone. This guys are the real pioneers in cave explorations. Here's a short article on Bill Stone

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.12/stone.html

If I am not mistaken Bill Stone was the rival of the WKPP team of JJ when they both took a bid for the project to map Wakula Springs. There is supposedly some strong rivalry between the 2 groups.

Scheck on the other hand wrote the book on Cave Diving. During the early years of Cave Diving the fatality rate was so high that Scheck took time out to sit down and write a book on the basics of the sport. After the book was published, the fatality rate went down by more than half. The man has passed away in a cave diving accident but he is a legend in the cave diving community.

Axua:
btw spoon, since you love tech, Im reading this book now shadow divers, its about the discovery of a mystery U-boat in the Atlantic by wreck divers. Its a nice read.
I'm currently reading that book as well. So far, its a fascinating read. You probably know this already, both Chatterton and Kohler hosts a show called Deep Sea Detectives in the History Channel. Its a great show, imo.

shugar:
ok i'm officially curious... pahiram book... bring it during the rescue course

Jag
Did you want the Shadow Divers? I'll mail it to you when I'm done. Just pm where to send the book.. Might be a few weeks from now, though.

subzero:
The Musashi capsized to port and sinks by the bow in 4,430 feet of water in the Visayan Sea at 13-07N, 122-32E,
http://www.combinedfleet.com/musashi.htm
Yeah, thats pretty deep.
That's a great site! Thanks.
Just reading the desperate struggle to send her to the bottom sends chills up this old naval aviator's spine.
Rick

Actually there are three books worth reading.

The Last Dive, Bernie Chowdhury, ISBN 0-06-019462-6, Harper Collins 2000

Shadow Divers, Robert Kurson, ISBN 0-375-50858-9, Random House 2004

Deep Descent, Kevin F. McMurray, ISBN 0-7434-0062-3, Pocket Books 2001

Axua:
which on are you reading? shadow divers? the name of the other book is not deep descent pala. its Last Dive. I like it better than Shadow Divers because it was written by a diver and there were some pages about the great Scheck Exley.

Tom Smedley:
Actually there are three books worth reading.

The Last Dive, Bernie Chowdhury, ISBN 0-06-019462-6, Harper Collins 2000

Shadow Divers, Robert Kurson, ISBN 0-375-50858-9, Random House 2004

Deep Descent, Kevin F. McMurray, ISBN 0-7434-0062-3, Pocket Books 2001

thanks i havent read the other two but found shadow divers mediocre

Spoon:
thanks i havent read the other two but found shadow divers mediocre

You know you're addicted to this board and diving when you start reading all these books .... First all the books by Troon McAlister on Golf. Now, all diving books.

If you found shadow divers to be mediocre, you may not enjoy the other two. I thought Shadow was the most riveting of the three but any book on diving beats Updike.

Spoon:
guys i have made up my mind to check out the wrecks of the Philippines, as of the moment subic is on the list but i am sure there are much more lying around. battleships and galleons are what i am interested in. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Getting back to the original thread, it seems that all the suggestions I've read on this subject seem to indicate that most WWII wrecks are well passed rec limits. I haven't been to Truk but I hear that most of those wrecks are not.

Don't we have any UW grate sites within 130 feet? Or have is the RP just unlucky to have deep waters all around it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom