Any one thinking about becoming an instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone break even after insurance anymore?
What does that price tag come in at? I think I've heard $1-1.2K?

What does that price tag come in at? I think I've heard $1-1.2K?
Depends on what the instructor teaches and which insurance. Mine is way more than this.

I actually lobbied for individual insurance to be $2400+ per year. Of course that didn’t happen (yet) but it’s great for the industry and for the student)

It’s going to happen eventually.

Depends on what the instructor teaches and which insurance. Mine is way more than this.
Wow, that sucks.

The problem I see with any extended length scuba training this late in the season in Canada, is that a lot of northern areas may only be weeks away from the first freezing temperatures and the first snow.

If the OP is intending on performing the prospective training in a warm climate area, then that's an entirely different story.

Our diving season in the North Pacific is just beginning, as the temperatures cool, the ocean clears and the diving is truly something to behold.

LOL,

Rose

insurance is about 1 k here and you can make money first year if you do it right i can make money teaching ow to ONE student !!!!

insurance is about 1 k here and you can make money first year if you do it right i can make money teaching ow to ONE student !!!!
sure but you are still making less than minimum wage.

if i wanted to make large its not in the scuba industry, but as a side thing i do well enough

Back
Top Bottom