Any small boat operations on the East End of Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glitter

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know about Redsail at Morritts and Ocean Frontiers out of Compass Point. Those boats look like they hold upwards of 16 divers; my partner is used to and prefers smaller boats w 6 divers. Any thoughts?

TIA.

There's an operator over there called White Sands that have maximum 10 people per group. I can't recommend them as have no first hand knowledge of them but in answer to your question, they are a smaller op that run from the east.

It can get pretty bumpy out that way so depending on the time of year, it may be one of those times when a big boat is favourite.

I have dived with Ocean Frontiers and they are good, well worth recommending

Agree with Drew. It gets rough on the east side. Ocean Frontiers has big boats but does not over fill. They run a good operation. No recent experience with Red Sail or White Sands.

We did the Wednesday 3-tank with Ocean Frontiers last week and our group of 4 were the only people on the boat. I know their 2-tank boats have more people on them typically, so the 3-tank may be an option for at least one day if you want fewer people on the boat with you.

Thoughts . . . If you are going to be staying near the east end and want to dive east/north sites by boats try OF despite your partner's preference. Great Op. Never felt too crowded. If your partner is hard and fast on small boats, there are a bunch on the West side, 7mb.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom