Anybody do a New Year's Day Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ugh - I did. I am sick, been sick since the day after Christmas, and had to work New Years Day - meaning I had to dive (the fish gotta eat). One of the few times I didn't want to dive...

Oh well. Happy New Year!

John

NWGratefulDiver:
Did two awesome hour-long dives off a charter (compliments of several former students and dive buddies).

The pictorial evidence ... http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/tq3vW3wQ

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Those are some excellent pictures Bob.

I got two dives in at Poor Knights (Northern NZ) on New Year's eve, both excellent. At Tie Die Arch, where I have dived previously I saw my first John Dory. And then Sting Ray Alley, where I have not dived before. And crickey, it was good!

First there was one sting ray and then another, and then another, too many to count. One buzzed Kevin but none looked stressed. When we returned to the boat the southerly had got up to about 20 knots rather than the forecast 10 so we returned to Tutakaka without the intended dive on the Waikato.

Nice dives to end the year.

Wow, what pics! If I could see stuff like that instead of the lake bass with 3 ft. viz I saw on New Years day it would be worth wearing the thick wet suit or a dry suit on a more regular basis.

Absolutely, two dives in fact. Water temp was 57 degrees, visability was 2-3 feet.

rang in the new year diving in Weeki wachee Springs. One of the mermaids raised a "New Years Ball" at midnight. Everyone at the event had a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom