Anyone Diving the Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any Irda dongle from EBay for just 2 Euros will work with it. I am using one.

I am one who has had problems with the Luna...

I've been trying for weeks to get it to sync with the transmitter. All kinds of Tricks, turn on air, luna pressed to the side for the sender, turn off and wait 10 min, turn on, wrap luna around the transmitter and leave it on, and so on... Just not working. I'm traveling otherwise I'd take it back to the shop.

The backlight it low as well... I purchaed a Mares M1 for a buddy at the same time I got my luna and he is really happy with how it runs on AAA batteries, blazing bright backlight, and long life. In the Murky waters its hard to read the Luna at night or in low viz. I would have liked that level of light from the Luna.

It also took me a couple tries to get teh IR running. Fortunately I have a couple notebooks because on my Acer I couldnt get a connection but on my HP it worked fine.

My final complaint about the Luna is the menu tree. I dont find it intuitive at all. It reminds me of navigating the old Scan5 hoseless AI comps.

Over dissatisified with a really expensive piece of grear. I think if I had it to do over again I would have taken the Color Mares but I was turned off by the PC software problems it has (or had?) and I didnt want to wait for AI. I would like to have the knowledge that I'll fit into my deco even if I push my consumption calculations.

FWIW I've been a Scubapro Fan my entire life... but this really let me down.

IIRC from the manuals for Sol and Luna, Luna calculates deep stops (they call it something else), whereas Sol doesn't. In my opinion that's an advantage for Luna.

I am one who has had problems with the Luna...

I've been trying for weeks to get it to sync with the transmitter. All kinds of Tricks, turn on air, luna pressed to the side for the sender, turn off and wait 10 min, turn on, wrap luna around the transmitter and leave it on, and so on... Just not working. I'm traveling otherwise I'd take it back to the shop.
FWIW I've been a Scubapro Fan my entire life... but this really let me down.

You don't mention which mode the Luna is in when you try to sync the AI. But just in case you didn't see that part in the manual, the Luna must be in the time-of-day mode (the initial screen you get when you turn it on). Otherwise, it won't sync.

Regards,
John

Last edited:
I went into the Prague Scuba Pro dealer yesterday and they tried also with no success. My unit synced to severl transmitters they had in the shop but not to mine.

They changed the batt in my transmitter... still no luck.

Fortunately the guys at Octopus Divers in Prague would take care of the warranty for me while im here... I'll just have to pay for express post.

So Monday it leaves to service.

I'll update with the ease of Warranty service.

IIRC from the manuals for Sol and Luna, Luna calculates deep stops (they call it something else), whereas Sol doesn't. In my opinion that's an advantage for Luna.

Not sure this is true. Maybe I don't understand your statement. My Galileo SOl calculates "Profile Dependant Intermediate stops".

Jeff

.... My Galileo SOl calculates "Profile Dependant Intermediate stops".....

That is correct...... if you have upgraded the unit to the latest code revision.

You can see PDIS in action in the Galileo Sol class :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom