Anyone ever do Epcot Dive Quest??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seastardiver625

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently got certified been thinking about booking Epcot Dive Quest. Anyone ever go on this tour? How is it and what did you think about it?

I have done it five times... it's great! You get to see a bit of backstage Disney World, it's a fun dive, and you get to interact with the kids watching you thought the glass, and with all of the people in the restaurant. I really liked that part.

Very easy to do, you can bring your own prescription mask, other than that they have everything for you. Definitely recommend it.

You can do a search on this site for a more details.

I did it years ago after I was first certified. It was a lot of fun and something to knock off the bucket list, but a tad bit pricey for what it was.

If you are freshly certified I would definitely recommend it.

I've done it twice, excellent dive. Bring money to buy the dvd of your dive afterward - it's quite nice. I call it luxury diving.. you get into waist deep warm water and they gear you up. Totally cushy, more big critters than I've ever seen on a single dive in the ocean. You're only allowed to bring your own mask. The rest of the gear they must provide in order to keep out contaminants.

You get your own locker, a naui bag, stickers etc. They have hot showers with good privacy. Easy access. A "drying machine" which will spin most of the water out of towels. It's all good. Also you get into epcot for free after the dive. The earlier in the day you dive, the more time you get to spend walking around epcot for "free" (the cost of your dive). It's not like you're sneaking in or anything, the exit from the dive is in the middle of the park.

If you want to do it on the cheap then get a small group together. Call them for details but you can do "private group" dives where you get the whole aquarium. I think it was like $1,100 and you could bring up to 11.. can't remember exactly but I do remember noting that if each diver split it evenly it was $110 instead of the $175 that most dive shops in FL charge for this dive. The drawback is these are the last groups of the day to dive so there is less time in epcot after your dive.

Of course for that you need 12 divers or whatever it is.

My 12-year-old daughter got certified last summer so she and I could do Dive Quest this past October. It was a blast! During the behind the scenes tour, I thought she was going to dive into the dolphin pool and I was prepared to grab her before she jumped. She was so excited with the whole experience.

We had 9 total in our dive group and the two other ladies had short hair. My daughter has waist long hair that she keeps in a ponytail when she dives. When she would go to the windows to play to the crowds, he hair would flow everywhere. The kids flocked to her. My wife later told us that one little girl was so excited that my daughter was playing with her that she started crying.

When it’s over, they bang on a metal pole for us to exit the aquarium. My daughter was so caught up in playing to the kids at the windows that I had to swim her down to get her to leave. It was definitely worth the money and we will do it again the next time we are in that area. I highly recommend the experience.

Did it a few years back. Although expensive, it was a lot of fun, especially mugging for the kids behind the glass. Plus it was hotter/ humid than heck at D-world that week and it felt really good to get into the water. I also liked the backstage views of Disney and being part of the performance.

I've done it twice. I enjoyed playing with the guests on the other side of the glass more than swimming with the fish. Make sure to swim over to the restaurant side and wave to the people eating. It's definitely worth your time if you're visiting Epcot.

Last edited:
I did it back in February. It was a good time. The backstage area was the best part. The tour is worth as much as the diving. If you have family going with you they can view you from the restaurant. They don't have to eat there the staff will take them over that way when it is time.

I would recommend chilling at the center of the tank for a bit. Kneel down and the sand tiger and rays will buzz your head.

The very first time I went to Dive Quest at EPCOT I was so amazed that at the whole experience that afterwards I asked what it would take to get a job working there, after I was told that I needed to be at least a dive master I went home and started working towards my goal of becoming one.
Less than a month after becoming a dive master I managed to get a job working at Dive Quest and to this day I have always said it was one of the best jobs I've ever had as a dive master. I left Disney almost 13 years ago but the magic of Disney and Dive Quest continues today. I can assure you that it will be one of the dives that you'll remember for years to come and who knows it may just spark your interest in becoming a cast member at Disney's Dive Quest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom