Anyone ever do Epcot Dive Quest??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your responses. This kind of speaks to our OW instructor....she was kind of terrible. In the end we just have to get out there and dive.

The very first time I went to Dive Quest at EPCOT I was so amazed that at the whole experience that afterwards I asked what it would take to get a job working there, after I was told that I needed to be at least a dive master I went home and started working towards my goal of becoming one.
Less than a month after becoming a dive master I managed to get a job working at Dive Quest and to this day I have always said it was one of the best jobs I've ever had as a dive master. I left Disney almost 13 years ago but the magic of Disney and Dive Quest continues today. I can assure you that it will be one of the dives that you'll remember for years to come and who knows it may just spark your interest in becoming a cast member at Disney's Dive Quest.

David, you might be able to help me then!!! I've tried asking this question via the WDW help email but cannot get a reply about the certification.

My son and i have both just completed our PADI Discover Scuba Diving PADI.
In August we have another weeks holiday where we intend complete our PADI Scuba Diver certification but.. we could if we need to try and get to the PADI Open water certification.

The question I'm trying to get answered is......

On the dive quest page it says
  • All Guests must be SCUBA-certified and 10 years of age or older to participate. Guests 10 to 12 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 years of age or older). You will need to provide proof of certification, such as a C-card or verification from a certifying agency.
is the PADI Scuba Diver certification enough?

it says...

PADI Scuba Diver

The Scuba Diver is the pre-entry level certification before the Open Water Diver course. This course delivers the first international licence, valid all over the world, without an expiration date, to dive up to 12 meters depth.

• Duration: 2 Days
  • Prerequisites: minimum 10 years old
  • About the course:
    (3 theory sesions – 3 sessions in shallow water in the sea – 2 dives in the sea)
    The Scuba Diver is the pre-entry level certification before the Open Water Diver course, it allows you to complete the course in a short time. With the PADI Scuba Diver, you will be able to dive in your next holiday, under the supervision of a professional dive guide. During the course you will learn the basics of scuba diving, including the scuba equipment and the techniques used in scuba diving. You will do some theory in the classroom with an instructor that will teach you, you will get wet in the sea with a PADI professional making you feel comfortable and learn some skills, and you will dive two times in open water. At the end of the curse you will get a formal certification recognized worldwide.

hope this makes sense?

David, you might be able to help me then!!! I've tried asking this question via the WDW help email but cannot get a reply about the certification.

My son and i have both just completed our PADI Discover Scuba Diving PADI.
In August we have another weeks holiday where we intend complete our PADI Scuba Diver certification but.. we could if we need to try and get to the PADI Open water certification.

The question I'm trying to get answered is......

On the dive quest page it says
  • All Guests must be SCUBA-certified and 10 years of age or older to participate. Guests 10 to 12 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 years of age or older). You will need to provide proof of certification, such as a C-card or verification from a certifying agency.
is the PADI Scuba Diver certification enough?

it says...

PADI Scuba Diver

The Scuba Diver is the pre-entry level certification before the Open Water Diver course. This course delivers the first international licence, valid all over the world, without an expiration date, to dive up to 12 meters depth.

• Duration: 2 Days
  • Prerequisites: minimum 10 years old
  • About the course:
    (3 theory sesions – 3 sessions in shallow water in the sea – 2 dives in the sea)
    The Scuba Diver is the pre-entry level certification before the Open Water Diver course, it allows you to complete the course in a short time. With the PADI Scuba Diver, you will be able to dive in your next holiday, under the supervision of a professional dive guide. During the course you will learn the basics of scuba diving, including the scuba equipment and the techniques used in scuba diving. You will do some theory in the classroom with an instructor that will teach you, you will get wet in the sea with a PADI professional making you feel comfortable and learn some skills, and you will dive two times in open water. At the end of the curse you will get a formal certification recognized worldwide.

hope this makes sense?

I would call them to confirm, but if I had to guess, I would almost certainly think that it's not adequate. You have to be a certified scuba diver to do the dive, they don't have professional dive guides designated for just one diver. That Epcot page was probably written befor PADI put this course together, before that it was just assumed that certified meant certified to dive on your own. There was no such thing as being certified but you had to dive with a pro.

I think that they have this level now because some people do multiple Discover Diving courses over time, and never bother to get certified. This is a way of making it so that you only have to do the pool part once, I think.

I also would guess it's a no. That's a special PADI only program and divequest is affiliated with NAUI. That said, NAUI also has a "Jr Scuba Diver" program which might be equivalent.

I bet if you showed them a card that said "PADI Scuba Diver" the person checking you in would not know it from a regular OW card. (407) 939-5277 call that number. It might take you a few minutes to get someone who actually knows details about divequest, but eventually you can get someone.

So Dive Quest is alive and well post COVID. We don't have all the extras that we had prior to the shut down, but those are slowly coming back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom