Anyone going to Coz 12/25-1/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:
Thanks for your invitation.Please wait a little till my schedule has fixed.thanks.
I am looking forwad to meeting you in CZM.

luv2divecoz:
Yes, US has canceled to/from CZM fright until 10JAN.And most fright to/from CUN is also canceled at least until the end of FEB.

Continental Airlines is flying in and out of Cancun AND Cozumel as of yesterday!

They don't have flights every single day at this point...but they have several per week.

United, US Air, and American are not the only airlines in town...don't let flight cancellations be an excuse if you want to come to Cozumel!

thanks for info, Mattari. I had just called USAir yesterday and a couple days before that. Both times they told me the flight was a go. This evening when I called, I was again first told the flight was a go. I then insisted that they check for me to know for sure- told them I knew other people being canceled. She put me back on hold for about 15 minutes and told me just what Mattari had reported!!! I was going to finalize on a hotel and dive op tomorrow! This means I would probably have lost my money!! When I quizzed her as to why they were not telling passengers they were canceling, she said "oh that they were calling to ask and all knew they were being canceled." I told her that she had just not told me the reality that the flights were canceled until I insisted that she double check! She did not seem to get it!

Christy, thanks for your support! I will try to reschedule on another airlines, but I can't afford to pay a lot more than I was paying. And probably really is not another airlines to fly from where I live without a very long drive and expensive vehicle storage on an airport lot. Realistically probably not going to be able to reschedule. It is a sad thing that vacationers who would like to come in to bring tourist money to Coz now probably really can't fly in even if they want to.

I will find out tomorrow if I can still get there in December. I have already scheduled my vacation time and that is when my daughter is out of school to go with me so I really can't schedule another time until at the earliest next summer when we were coming down then with a group anyway. I had purchased tickets before Wilma on USAirways. Now, I will try to reschedule on another airlines, but afraid that will be impossible for me without driving a long way to an airport and now, paying a lot more!!

Christi:
Hi,thanks for you message.USAirways canceled CLT/CZM fright but I do not cancel my trip to CZM.I rebook my fright,I go to CZM by way of CUN.So I will go as I scheduled.And thanks for your suggestion,last visit I flyed with CO,next next time I will fly with United.

luv2divecoz:
Hi.thanks for your message.I waited 15 minutes but reservation of US airways did not answer the phone.Next call I was waiting 10minutes... I do not know how much this international call costs.....So I call USairways again at early in the morning(same day night in Japan),and can rebook my fright to CUN.Additional cost of my fright is just 100 dollar,and I have to reissue my paper ticket because final destination of my fright is changed to CUN.USAirways request me to come to airport earlier than usual to exchange my ticket. There are few reservation agent who seems to work irresponsibility.Call and call until you can talk someone with good care.

I am glad that everyone is persevering in their plans. It looks like there will be quite a few of us in Coz for the holidays!

Mattari, your perseverance is very inspirational! I had almost given up. I will hit the telephone and websites again to try to find a air route to Cozumel so that we do not miss our trip either. It is just a shame that there are hotels and dive ops available in Coz and we are having trouble rescheduling flights in because USAirways canceled!

I'll add my info into the pot. Sunday I got an email from travelocity to call them about my nice short direct flight from Charlotte to Cozumel on Usairways Dec 30th.... Turns out they cancelled the flight. They offered me a flight into cozumel Jan 1st but I told them I had already scrambled to switch hotels and couldn't shift my diving plans with Christi. (I want muffins!) They refunded my tickets completely and I was able to find a flight on continental for about 90$ more. I'd be interested to know why USair cancelled their flight. I wonder if it was that too many people cancelled their trips.

JC Fedorczyk:
I'll add my info into the pot. Sunday I got an email from travelocity to call them about my nice short direct flight from Charlotte to Cozumel on Usairways Dec 30th.... Turns out they cancelled the flight. They offered me a flight into cozumel Jan 1st but I told them I had already scrambled to switch hotels and couldn't shift my diving plans with Christi. (I want muffins!) They refunded my tickets completely and I was able to find a flight on continental for about 90$ more. I'd be interested to know why USair cancelled their flight. I wonder if it was that too many people cancelled their trips.

YEH!! I'm so glad you got it worked out and I PROMISE the best muffins ever :)

Serioulsy, I was writing an e-mail to you to discuss your hotel and stuff...you should have it shortly :)

Thanks Christi.
Didn't get anything today. I'll be on the lookout for it tomorrow when I get to work.

Hello all
It seems that US airways resume fright to CZM from CLT.
17DEC - 24DEC SAT only
31dec - 05MAR SAT,SUN only
06MAR - daily fright
Result of my reserch is shown above,please contact USairways or travel agency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom