Anyone own a Pinnacle Wetsuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Pinnacle Seal (3mm) and a Pinnacle Spirit (shorty)... I love them, but I agree that it’s mostly about the fit.

I have been in water in the upper sixties in the 3 mil and it worked... I wouldn't say I was toasty warm, but that’s not what that suit was designed for. I use the shorty for Caribbean travel and water sports.

Both are very resilient and I would recommend them.

Oh, and I love the Merino wool lining on the 3 mil!

They are my most popular seller!! They really sell themselves...I let my customers test them and other suits and they all buy the Pinnacle....

I love my Arctic and Elastiprene. They are really well built suits and Pinnacles customers service is outstanding!!

I have a Fusion 5/4 and like it a lot(and will like it a lot more when I get it back from the shop with Halcyon pockets attached). I got into Pinnacle drysuit underwear because of the fit, so when I needed a wet suit I stayed with them. Good fit, good quality. The Merino lining feels nice, but I can't say if/how much warmer it is. (I used a 3mm on the Saba trip last spring and was getting cool by the end of the week with 5 dives daily, even in 80 F water.)

I own a Seal 3mm with merino lining. Awesome suit. Very glad I bought it. You say they're pricey. It depends upon what you're comparing them to. Compared to the cheapo brands, they're more expense and worth it. Compared to Henderson top-end suits, I think they're cheaper.

I just used my 3mm Elastiprene and loved it. I looked at that vs the Seal and the Elastiprene was just much more flexible and less stiff. Worth the extra couple of $$ IMO.

Every suit I own now (wet and dry) is a Pinnacle. I started of with an arctic and was very impressed. They have yet to disappoint me.

I have the Elastiprene in 3mm and 7mm. The look is clean and simple. The fit is spot on which is the most important quality. I tried the Seal 3mm and it didn't fit quite right in the shoulders (tight) or the midsection (loose). I called Pinnacle, they recommended downsizing from the L to ML and switching to the Elastiprene. I ordered it sight unseen. It arrived. Fits like a glove (6ft, 205lbs). No complaints.

I'm a FL boy aka warm water wuss. With the 7mm and appropriate gloves, hood, and boots, I've gone wet to 38F comfortably. With that said, the 7mm Elastiprene is very warm. With a vest and/or hooded vest, you can't go wrong w/the 7mm.

My buddy loves his 3mm Seal. He says it is indeed warmer than the Elastiprene of the same measure.

If Pinnacle has a line that fits your body, you won't regret the purchase.

I bought the Arctic, which is a 7mm with 5mm in places for mobility, from a friend and it's as good as new. In terms of craftsmanship and fit, I have never seen anything that comes even close. My only issue with this particular suit is that I ended up buying an additional 7mm Bare wetsuit, simply because the 5mm panels on the sleeves of the Pinnacle make my arms cold in water that's colder than 65 degrees. I wish Pinnacle had made the suit 7mm all around, then it would beat everything else on the market. The Pinnacle seals so well that my legs are full of warm water when I exit the water. It goes in and then just sits there for the entire dive. No water circulation whatsoever. The zipper flap and the neck seal fold over several times and make for virtually waterproof seals. The Merino lining feels great and adds to the suits durability, but in my opinion doesn't make a difference in terms of warmth. Some people say that the Merino layer adds another 2mm neoprene equivalent - complete BS if you ask me. The 7mm Pinnacle does not feel warmer than than my 7mm Bare wetsuit.

In summary, if you make sure you get the thickness you need, a Pinnacle will last you probably forever.

I bought an Elastiprene 3mm with Merino lining, and the gloves, boots, and hood. I haven't used it yet, but I sweat like a .... in my living room @ 70 degrees F.

Hey Pinnacle wearers ... the hood has a neoprene bib - does this go under? And a rubber like neck also - I can't figure out how the hood and the neck are supposed to go together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom