Anyone own a Pinnacle Wetsuit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my Cruiser 7/5 and love the fit. Heading to 45 degree water tomorrow to check it out. Quality seems to be as good if not better than anything I've seen so far.

Just got my Cruiser 7/5 and love the fit. Heading to 45 degree water tomorrow to check it out. Quality seems to be as good if not better than anything I've seen so far.

45 degrees in a wetsuit, you're nuts.

Please post your experience in that enviro. I just ordered one myself, and would love some more info. Thanks.

Did my first dive in a new Pinn-merino Polar this weekend (actually 4 dives). Stayed quite comfy in water that was 53 degrees. Used some warm water from a thermos for the second dive. That makes all the difference. However, the first dive was nice with very little water flow through the suit. I recommend this suit highly.

I purchased the Merino Eslastiprene 7 which is 7mm all over the suit. I also have the Merino hooded vest at 7mm in the head, 3mm in the torso. I have the Merino Appex 6mm boots and the Merino Karbonflex 4mm gloves...

I make my open dives in Monterey this month on the 24th,25th and 26th. I will tell you what I feel.

I tried on the Pinnacles Polar semi/dry suit at the dive shop and it was too uncorfortable and hard for me to get into. I then tried on the Crusier 7/5 mm and man that one fit like a glove and I was in and out of it in less then 4 minutes.

That made me call Pinnacle Aquatics and ask them about the ME-7 and found out that it has the same pattern and when she came in, man it was an awesome fit. Just having it on the store I lost some weight.

I can hardly wait to try it out in these cold waters of Monterey. I'm currently set up to dive with the Escape 7 by pinnacles which is part of my training so I should have a cross check between the two.

I will share my experience with all...

I have a 7mil Pinnacle Elastiprene wetsuit and I love it. Pinnacle definately makes quality wetsuits. Everyone I know that uses them hasn't had any complaints!

When I get out of the suit the water coming out feels likes its boiling. I could put the water in a bucket and use it for a warm shower if it wasnt nasty salt water. I love the quality of the suit and how I can put it on while on a rocking boat alone.

I own a Pinnacle Artic 7mm suit and also a hooded vest (7mm hood/3mm vest).

I've done about 70 dives in mine now. Both in cold and relative warm water. My experiences are the following...

POS:
- Merino Lining, not for the extra warmth which I don't believe but because it is easier to get into the suit, the suit will dry much faster and it will smell less over the long haul.
- Good seals: Both the arm seals and leg seals are top notch. If you wear it seal over seal or turn the seals inside there won't be alot of water movement. I also have the same experience having alot of warm water in the legs when leaving the water and it only washes out after I open up the seal.
- Warmth: I do believe that suit fit is the most important factor for warmth but since it fits me very well I'm happy. Up until 50 F I'm comfortable and warm. between 50 and 40 F for me it's more or less doable if it's only 1 dive a day and if I stay above 60 feet and limit the dive to about 50 min. I have to say that's better then I expected... Now to be perfectly honest... when I get a dry suit I will limit the wetsuit use to temps above 50 F. Pinnacle or no Pinnacle.

NEG:
- I'm probably the first to say this but I have had some issues with quality. I do find that the neoprene and the zippers and seal are top notch, but I have had issues with stitches coming lose (easily repaired with black witch glue but still).

Overall I'm quite happy with the suit.

NEG:
- I'm probably the first to say this but I have had some issues with quality. I do find that the neoprene and the zippers and seal are top notch, but I have had issues with stitches coming lose (easily repaired with black witch glue but still).

I had a similar problem with a knee pad coming unstitched on my 3mm seal within 5 dives of buying it. Took it back to my LDS, they sent it back to Pinnacle and repaired it. An annoyance for sure, but they made good in the end so I don't hold it against them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom