Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your support is really helping motivate me!

Did my chest workout today - heading to the pool tonight.

Again passing up all kinds of tasty treats & my food is great:

Same breakfast but now using low fat milk in the cappuchinno
Same lunch
Peach for snack
Probably the same dinner (left overs) except a different veggie

Did slip in a small glass of red wine last night :wink: I think that's gonna my daily splurge on workout days (just read it's about 90 cal per 4oz!)

Great job everyone! Here are a few suggestions.

Donnad - 1/2 lb loss is very hard to notice (the body changes quite a bit in a day). Sometimes it's best to weigh in 1-2X a week :wink:

Divegal - I'll deffinately toast you with a small glass of red wine. Good job on giving up Pepsi

Moonlight - If you can't make it to the gym try doing excercises like walking lunges & pushups, situps whenever you can steal a minute ;-).

Ok I kept to my food plan :) but once again only got in 1.5 liters of water :(. Today I did a short walk of 20 minutes but I pumped my arms and got my heart rate up, it is amazing how much more it adds to a brisk walk when you pump your arms as well.

Here is the bad news I drank a Pepsi today, but tomorrow will be Pepsi free :) and I will get in all my water :wink:

Oh Kathy I wish I could swim with you, this weekend I will swim/dive I try to spend a couple of hours a weekend underwater. :)

Moonlight you know what would be a fun way to get exercise? A Wii fitness, as soon as I can afford it I am get the Wii fitness game, balance board, yoga mat. Right now it is not in the budget so I walk and swim. :)

well, i did not make it to the gym this morning.........was up way too late last night, but i promise i will go tomorrow morning!! my punishment is that i was up a 1/2 pound this morning.........i think it's cause i munched on pretzels yesterday afternoon and didn't drink enough water to handle that salt. ughhhhhh.........did i mention i hate trying to lose weight? lololol

Hi all,

Things are good so far today.

Varied my foods today & am trying for 1200 cal per day - already feeling more energized & greater tone - after three days is it illusional?

Busy today so unfortunately exercise will probably be limited to a 30 walk the dog session if I get lucky :wink:.

Tomorrow - back in the gym for back/bi/abs & a bit of cardio.

Today was a bad day. I weighed in and my weight remains the same as I expected since I had sugar 3 of the 4 days that I have been dieting.
Tomorrow will be better and I will not have any sugar.

I'm with you girls. Started by cutting my refined carbs/sugars to zero yesterday. 17 weeks until Bonaire and I'd really like to see 20# gone by then. My workout routine is 30 minutes cardio on the treadmill, 30 pushups, and 50 crunches, and I do this 2 days on and one day off.

First report of weight status (loss or gain) will be on Monday. Good luck people....keep strong and focused.

you guys are awesome. i am so bad.......i ate chinese last night! and am up another 1/2 pound of bloat because of it! ughhh..........i usually have a week or two of kind of false starts getting going on the losing weight thing. ughhh.........it's so hard. but i must do better, and most importantly keep going.

That's ok donnad you will get it :wink:
You know you can still have Chinese, just order is without sauce of any kind :wink:

Welcome divemaven the zena girl :)

Tonight I walk :)

Last night slipped a little - 2 glasses of red wine & was out late so an unplanned second snack of 3 little slices of cheese, 2 little tangerines & one cracker.

So far so good but seems like my food is better if I share it with all you so at the risk of being really boring I'm gonna write the details every day ;-).

Didn't make it to the weights today but managed a brisk 30 min walk down/up hill with my dog and another 30 minutes on the stepper at the gym. Still 3 days left in the weekend to get the other two weight workouts in! Tomorrow striving for bi/back/abs & 1 hour of indoor rock climbing.

Food today:
Bkfast
1C yogurt & 1/2 banana & a sprinkle of crunchy cereal (1T)
1/4 frothy lowfat milk in my cappuccino

Lunch
Big raw veggie salad w/lots veggies 1T Italian dressing w/ 1/2 chicken breast & 1T sprinkle of feta cheese

Dinner
1/4 C brown rice blend w/ mushrooms, onions, buckwheat & seeds
1 small grilled chicken breast w/ lemon juice
lots of grilled veggies (yellow/ zucchini squash/red peppers/tomatoes) w a pinch of feta sprinkled on top

If hungry later will have a light snack

Only weighing myself once a week ,so am excited for Monday & hoping for a change ;-)! My body does feel a little different already & my energy is much better!

Divergirl4U - sounds like plenty of exercise - I'd trade pool time for a dive anyday! Maybe try a few frozen red grapes instead of sugar ;-)!

Welcome Divemaven great to have more on board - sounds like you have a plan ;-)!

Donnad hang in there your doing fine! It's not always what you eat - often it's how much you eat. Try drinking a litter+ of water before a meal or when you feel hungry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom