Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's a bummer. how is he now? how old is he? tomorrow's a new day! we shall prevail!!

Got on the scale this morning and I'm 3 pounds DOWN!!! :D :D :D Probably water weight since I've just started, but I'll take anything I can get. Back to the treadmill in the morning....it isn't over yet!

Great Donnad! Keep it going! Divegal hope your son is ok?? Zena great wt loss.

Me, did well over the weekend but drank an extra glass of wine on Sunday & lots of work and not quite enough exercise. Got to the gym tonight & had a very light day of food.

I have deffinately lost some weight cause my clothes are noticably looser but couldn't make it the gym/scale till after dinner when weight is higher.

Still there was a slight wt loss so I am guessing 3lbs or more, but I won't know till I hit the gym in the morning.

woohoo, i'm down a pound!! tomorrow morning is back to the gym!! did good on my eating yesterday.

Ya know - I've decided to leave the scale out of this - weight changes so much during the day. A simple glass of water can add a pound and then there are monthly fluctuations too. I'm just going for clothes fit & happiness with my body.

Started at 123 5'4" so not tons to loose and my body feels 1/2 way there (probably 120-119?). May check the weight in a few weeks just to see--cause below 115 I'll blow away ;-). A glimpse of abs is great. A slightly loose size 5-6 & feeling strong/fit/toned is the goal ;-).

KathyDee, you're 100% correct about the scale, though for those of us with quite a bit to lose (40 pounds in my case), it's the easiest way to see quick results.

However, another and BETTER option is to use a tape measure, so if you want something other than the comfort of your clothing as a guage, you could definitely use measurements.

KathyDee, you're 100% correct about the scale, though for those of us with quite a bit to lose (40 pounds in my case), it's the easiest way to see quick results.

However, another and BETTER option is to use a tape measure, so if you want something other than the comfort of your clothing as a guage, you could definitely use measurements.

I know a scale is a good way to see results but I hate seeing people up and down over a number when even a glass of water can make such a difference on the scale.

I like the idea of a measuring tape - Thanks! Because if you are building muscle it will weigh more --- but the size should still go down - and that's really what counts.

The problem is more than getting there though -- it's staying there. Working on changing bad habits.

Today food was ok & swam for exercise. Will hit the gym tomorrow.

Bkfast
1/2 banana
2 egg whites/one yoke (boiled)
1/4 c lowfat milk in coffee

Lunch
1 bowl yellow split pea soup
1/2 steamed yam w/1 T yogart

Snack before swimming
1/2 chicken breast
1/4 yam

After
1/2 chicken breast
1 mixed veg salad
1 T salad dressing

Ok I am back at it today. I will drink all my water and eat my fruits. I just returned from my 25 minute walk brr it is a bit chilly here this morning, caught up on my daily soap opera thread and I am ready to tackle the world. He he you girls have a good day :wink:

I am trying for a lifestyle change not just a diet, I think I will stay off the scales for a while and my goal is to eat right and exercise.

Guess what, I am wearing a suit I have not been able to fit into since before my surgery I am so excited.
I had surgery in September and I retained a lot of weight, the dr said most of it is fluid weight caused by the medication he put me on and the swelling has never completely gone away. But hey I do not have cancer :wink: so I am happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom