Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi guys. man, i did NOT go to the gym this morning........that time change had me feeling like i was in a coma! definitely going tomorrow!! i overate some on the weekend.......not too bad, and no fried foods or naughty desserts or anything.......but i was a bit bloated this morning, but still i did lose one pound last week in spite of the weekend, so that is progress!!!

Keep going donnad!! Great attitude to celebrate and focus on the 1 pound loss than your less than perfect weekend. The time change can be a killer. :(

I had my weigh-in this morning and am 6 pounds down (total)!!! I also got on my treadmill and had a perfect eating day thus far. :D I feel very committed and motivated to keep on-track. :D

Ok that's it. Back in the gym & hitting the weights tomorrow. Food still good but slacking on weights.

divemaven, that's awesome!!!! you're so good!! i did get up and go workout this morning. yea!!

Wow I'd say 2-3 more lbs and I'm back to a shape I haven't see in years :). Still more time in the gym will only be a bonus & gotta work on a way to sustain! Thanks for the support!

I have to say I am frustrated with the weight loss. I am down 1 more pound for a total 2lbs. When I went to my Dr’s last week I mentioned how hard it is to loose weight and she told me my medication is the reason it is so tough. At this rate it will take me a year to get 10 pounds off. I am so happy summer is upon us and the water temp is getting warmer it will help me be more active as I try to dive 3 times a week in the summer. How do you learn to exercise on a regular basis? I hear people talk about working out like it is something they enjoy. lol

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble getting on my treadmill....hurting my back on Thursday didn't help. I think I'm another pound down since last week, and I'm happy if I simply see a pound gone each week. Gonna try to get on the treadmill tomorrow morning....

Kathydeee, keep up the good work. Divergirl4u, even if you only lose a pound a month, you'll still be 12 pounds lighter at the end of a year....and healthier and happier. Think of it this way, a year will go by anyway, do you want to weigh the same (or more), or be 10-12 pounds lighter?

Did anyone read the article about how sleeping helps you lose weight? Getting 7.5 hours of sleep a night will help your body lose weight. Nice excuse for going to bed early, eh? :)

:Dok got on the scale & it looks like Ive dropped 7lbs in 3 weeks. Very close to the plan. Hard to tell exactly because I weigh myself at the gym and at different times. Still need to get into the gym more for tone but food is actually quite good & pretty consistant except for the occasional 2-3 glass of wine slip :D. Oh well!

Anyway, have recommitted to weight loss goal, if I can look like this why not go back to my favorite size - So will aim to drop 3-5 more over another 2-3 weeks.

Thanks so much for the support! Stick with it gals!

Last edited:
Yahoo Kathydeee!!!! Good going, and definitely keep it up to get to your goal!! Wish we were all within 3-5 pounds of our goals. :wink:

Update later: I got on the scale after my shower this morning and have lost NINE POUNDS so far!! :D :D :D Still have a ways to go, but am feeling strong and motivated to not fail.

Last edited:
you guys are great! way to go. and divemaven........you make me sick! lololol i haven't lost much yet, but i did make it to the gym this morning!! i'll hang in there and will prevail!!

Back
Top Bottom