Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Maven you rock! Go girl! Go Girl! Donnad you have plenty of time maybe try doing somthing simple like eliminating sugar, fried stuff & 1/2 your complex carbs ;-).

Today was a very cool day. Here's my story. About 6 weeks ago went into a store to try on a bikini & left empty handed in utter disgust. Today went back and tried on the same bikinis in the same mirror - I REALLY liked what I saw & ended up buying one that is just slightly too tight ;-)! Thanks again for the support! Go girls!

What a great reward for all of your hard work!!! Of course I'm jealous that you're thin enough in the first place to even CONSIDER wearing a bikini! :wink: You'll be perfect in a couple of pounds, and that bikini will be a great little reminder of why you're working so hard. Good going!

I have to say I am frustrated with the weight loss. I am down 1 more pound for a total 2lbs. When I went to my DrÃÔ last week I mentioned how hard it is to loose weight and she told me my medication is the reason it is so tough. At this rate it will take me a year to get 10 pounds off. I am so happy summer is upon us and the water temp is getting warmer it will help me be more active as I try to dive 3 times a week in the summer. How do you learn to exercise on a regular basis? I hear people talk about working out like it is something they enjoy. lol

Kim, It's a two pronged approach....
a> Make time.... if you do it often enough, it becomes part of your routine, remove barriers and your day will feel incomplete without it.

b> Find some way to occupy the time... Me, I'm a cardio nut, and nothing beats a good mix list on the mp3 player or engaging tv shows.

When I started down this 4 years ago, I was jacked into the mp3 player going full tilt for 45 mins 2x a day on an elliptical in a gym just 10 floors down. When I moved down south, the gym was now a 20 min drive if i was lucky, then school interfered and it all went to heck and I packed on a good 50 lbs over a comfortable range.

Now that I just got my own place, I picked my own club quality elliptical off ebay and it gets more use than the love seat in front of the TV. The mp3 player and tivo provide the distraction and the time really flies and I'm back to the 60-90 min range on a daily basis.

Hi Divergal - it was great to meet you!!!! Me I'm hanging with family in Fla & trying to avoid all this unhealthy food.

A bit scared of the scale when I get back in a week - but doing my best with what is here- without causing a scene. I'm really amazed how unhealthy so many people eat :shakehead:!

Kathy you are beautiful just the way you are :wink:

I am down 1/2 lb today ... slowly but surely :) If you would like to dive once the wind stops blowing I am here for you.
How much longer will you be in the area?

Okay, down 1 more pound....that makes it the official 10 pound mark. :D Anyone up for another 10 pounds?? :wink:

Nice job Divergirl4U on the 1/2 pound loss....as long as you're losing, slow is fine....it's just tough on the motivation. But don't give up, you're lighter than you were a few weeks ago, and will be even lighter a few weeks from now. :)

divemaven, that's awesome!! congrats!!! it's a brand new week,and i did get up yesterday and go workout. will go again tomorrow. i'm down 1-1 1.5 pounds now. i did not do well on the eating last week. i really do think i'm in the mindset to be serious now. i told you it takes me a few weeks to get serious:)

donnad, I know what you mean about sometimes taking time to get serious and in a groove. Sometimes it clicks faster than other times, but the most important thing is that you're not giving up!! You've got a couple of months before Bonaire, so there's no question if you keep going you'll have that 10 pounds gone by then (easily).

I'm hoping that my resolve will continue and I'll finally be able to lose the 40 pounds I've needed to for a long time. Thus far I feel strong and as if I've made a lifestyle change, so it feels much easier than ever before to stay on track. <fingers crossed> Hoping to see another 15 pounds gone before Bonaire in 3 months. :wink:

you're doing great. keep it up! yes, i have a little over fifteen weeks, yes i'm counting!! so i do have plenty of time. i'll make it!! i'm the little engine that could!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom