Anyone up to losing 10 lbs w/me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow vacation at my folks house is hard. Moms amazing cooking, meeting friends for dinner - impossible to keep on my plan.

Not giving up but trying damage control - sure I'll be a bit heavier when I get home but shooting for just a little bit, rather than alot. Managed to get out for a jog today. Only 2 more days here - having fun but can't wait to get home to my own refrigerator & gym!!!!

ok, made back home with no major disaster but avoiding the scale. Today a hike & tomorrow back in the gym think I'll start reporting my food just to get back on track. Sure glad I am back home again ;-)!

You have a great attitude! It's probably smart to avoid the scale for a couple of days anyway since you might have a bit of water retention from flying. Heck, if you're anything like me, your feet are little sausages from sitting on the plane! <LOL>

Keep us posted on your meals and progress.

Thanks! Ok, mom's cakes & good eating didn't do as much damage as I though - only up 1lb & now back on track. Yesterday was great food & a nice work out. Today I expect the same :D.

Back on track to loose 5 more lbs! Thanks so much for the support :)!

hi all. ok, it's time for me to get serious. i know i said that a few weeks ago........maybe i work better under time pressures. 12 1/2 weeks til bonaire now. now, instead of ten to lose, it's thirteen. ughhhhhhh. i can do this!!! must get to the gym minimum of 3x per week. and i'm going to do about 1200-1300 calories a day. i have to do this, cause i will NOT, i repeat, i will NOT put on a swimsuit in my current condition!!

Donna, I feel your pain! I've been stalled at 10 pounds down for the past couple of weeks due to a few too many treats. Today I got back to being serious and am determined to lose another 10 pounds before we leave for Bonaire in just under 12 weeks! YIKES!!!!

Unfortunately once those 10 pounds are gone I really need to drop another 25-30, but I'm trying very hard to focus on 10 pounds at a time. It's so much nicer to feel that I've accomplished short term goals than focusing on the big number.

Thanks Donnad, I'm a pound down since Monday and although it's probably water weight, it's still good for the attitude. :wink:

How are you doing with your new resolve?? Feeling strong?

boring evening, so ill write something about nutrition and losing weight and summer is getting closer, so i will be centered upon losing weight :wink: and im not pro or anything, but maybe some1 can scrap something useful out off this, I was using same principles few years ago when i dropped from 110kilos to 82kg.

Basically losing weight is very simple, just eat less than you consumpt. Does not sound hard, but when we are talking people who trains or try to lose a lot, its not as simple as it sounds :depressed:

You need to take care of that u get enough protein, what is about 1.5/2gram per kilo,
that u wont lose all muscles,So diet will be battle against physic laws try lose but not lose :p

Main mistake what people are doing when they try to lose weight is, that they think this just will be one painful ÇÄourse and after diet returning to old habits. If u dont understand this u are facing endless road

Ill try to keep this as simple as it is possible cos if basics is not good enough, theres no point to talk about special supplements and specials ways like ketogenic diet etc. Cos its lot more important to learn to eat correctly than learn all mystic ways and lose the weight superfast (yeah that would be fun)

Theres no easy way to lose weight, if we dont talk about plastic surgery :wink: Losing weight is slow and painful road, at max we can talk 1kilo per week.
If you donÃÕ believe this u can stop reading now. If you are thinking about weird special diet like juice only and etc, first you lose fluids from ur body and then muscles and that we dont want!

First step is to keep food diary for a week or two. Cos we need to know ur basic level of calories, the state where u dont lose or gain weight. Write down everything you eat and count macro nutrients as well; what are proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. for example make a excel sheet where u can see calories and nutrient ratio. There is as many opinions about this as there is people. But I would say good ratio is 30/40/30
That means 30% proteins, 40% carbs and 30% fats of prozentual definition of macro nutrients of your daily total calories.

More aerobic training ,feel the fat burning :D

Eat correctly. Try to avoid Saturated fats and trans fats. But remember fat is very important part of your diet. So try eat Monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and Omega-3 fatty acids, if you arent familiar fit fat types, check Dietary fats: Know which types to choose - MayoClinic.com.
Breakfast is most important meal off the day. Eatt slow carbs (Try a Slow-Carb Habit) and proteins.
Fats arenÃÕ essential for breakfast.
I would say correct amount of proteins are about 30g, but again, some of the people says, that u dont need as much as 30g.
Worst thing what you can eat on diet are fast carbs, (candy, sugar and white bread etc)
Cos fast carbs get your insulin levels up and that mean that your acceptance for calories is higher. Id say right way to eat ur carbs in the morning and fats in the evening. And protein is good anytime. As weird as it sound it does matter what u eat different part off the day.

Eat enough, yeah really! Try to divide your daily calories for 5 or 6 meals and eat enough calories. Cos if u dont eat enough, your metabolism gets stuck and losing weight getting harder.
How much calories you have eat during the day? Its really hard to say generally, thats why the food diary, that we can see how ur body reacts in which amount of calories. But I would say 2500cal is good amount in start for average Joe who trains 3 times per week and dont do hard job.try to eat every 3 or 4 hours And if you are not hungry still try to eat, that blood sugar level dont drop too much. And u wont get any cravings for candy etc.

And if you are on a long diet cheat day is nice way to keep ur metabolism running.
Have cheat day like once every 2 weeks. This is not only good for your metabolism, but your head as well. And try keep some sense in cheat days as well. So dont eat 7 pizzas and drink 20 cans of coke :D

Vitamins are very important part of the diet. Cos your physical resistance level is getting lower on a diet.
So buy some supplement vitamins, cos it kind of hard to get all necessary vitamins from normal food.

Supplements. You can eat some supplement to get enough protein. But remember supplement is still supplement and its better to get your calories from normal food. Cos most of the supplements don't have fibers,vitamins and etc in .

9. these are the basic steps when you are trying lose weight. -500cal per day would be optimal goal or maybe bit more

10. at the beginning it might be really hard to count micro nutrients and calories, but it will get easier every day. Cos u learn how much of what is in which meal.

These are just things what popped on my mind and the things what i said is not in any specific order. I hope that there is not lot off errors and typos in the text, have fun with losing weight.

Edit: few nasty typos

good info crowley. indeed, there's nothing easy about it. divemaven, yes i'm feeling better and am losing some already. went to the gym last night too. i usually do mornings, but once in awhile after work. easter dinner i'm gonna splurge, but then right back to reality monday morning as i have no time to fool around. i do eat six times a day like crowley says. it's still hard. i'm keeping calories at 1300ish. if i eat 1500 i won't lose, seriously. i can only eat about 1700 when i'm on maintaining. so i have to cut to 1200-1300 to lose. not fun, but the thought of putting on those swimsuits is motivation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom